Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-16-2011, 05:02 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I don't get people who drive like fools.
Never have, never will.
Does shaving a few seconds or minutes off the drive really mean that much?
It's just like the big rush to get off a plane.
Everyone hops up, grabs their bags and ends up standing in the aisle for ten minutes.
It's so stupid.
Hurry up and wait

Old 05-16-2011, 05:41 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
On the East Coast driving is a contact sport or would so appear. Everyone has treasured shortcuts and special tactics to make time.

This part of the West Coast took me a month to adapt to. Slow speed limits and unforgiving police so you learn or pay to learn. I surprise myself often with my newfound patience.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:03 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I always end up taking the long route that has less traffic.
More enjoyable all around.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:13 PM  

Shuswap, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I always end up taking the long route that has less traffic.
More enjoyable all around.
Me too.................................
Old 05-17-2011, 10:26 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
If it's 45, why you going 20? Two days in a row on a two lane road I've been stuck behind people going stupidly slow.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:29 AM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
If it's 45, why you going 20? Two days in a row on a two lane road I've been stuck behind people going stupidly slow.
omg. on my way out to lime kiln/hilliard area im ALWAYS stuck behind that one arsehole who does 30 in a 45.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:25 AM  

Shuswap, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Very simple, if the person in front of me is doing 20MPH, then so am I.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:30 AM  

Shuswap, BC
People that cannot handle going less than mach 7 all the time should not live in farm country.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:34 AM  

Shuswap, BC
Actually what gets me laughing is city people.
They drive to and from work in bumper to bumper traffic, often stopped completely, or maybe doing 10kms/hr. But then they get all pissed off when in farming areas because the farm truck/equipment in front of them is going say 30.............lol
Old 05-17-2011, 11:39 AM  

Shuswap, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney View Post
omg. on my way out to lime kiln/hilliard area im ALWAYS stuck behind that one arsehole who does 30 in a 45.
I would like to point out that most speed signs are a MAXIMUM speed, and its not illegal to do less, but it is illegal to do more.
Most people that drive the speed limit on the hill, down to the highway in winter, on my road, I pass anyways, since they are in the ditch.
In winter that hill is safe at maybe half the posted speed, if you have GOOD winter tires all around.
I actually got passed there 2 winters ago, and the car hit the ditch maybe 500 feet after passing me.
Think they might have clued in that I was going about 40 in a 70 zone for a reason. And I run studded winters all around in winter.
Some highways etc. do have minimum allowable speeds, and if you see someone breaking this law by all means get their lic plate number and report them, if road conditions are great. Those minimum speeds are void in adverse weather conditions.

Also sometimes people are looking for an address, or enjoying the scenery, or whatever. So when safe to do so, by all means pass them.
I pass people regularly, but ONLY when its safe to.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.