Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-24-2011, 06:05 PM  

Reading, PA
When you die...

do you want to be buried or cremated? I know this might sound like an odd topic but I got to thinking about it one day and started to go off on a weird tangent. I always thought when I die, (hopefully 50-60 years from now) I would be buried. Then I thought I might like to cremated. Thats when it went awry. When you're buried you're pretty much going to be in the same spot for the rest of eternity unless they plow the cemetery under and make a housing development. On the other hand, if you're cremated you've now made it so someone has to hang on to your ashes instead unless you have them scattered somewhere. So on that note. If you have children and have a good relationship with them they will care about this earn filled with whats left of their loved one. If you had grandchildren that got to know you well enough they will then perhaps keep them. There is an outside chance great grandchildren could have know their great grandparents and might keep them but thats slim. Most times great grandparents die before the great grandchildren are old enough to remember them or form a bond. After that every generation after has no idea who you are or any attachment whatsoever. So you will either end up spending the rest of eternity in a cardboard box moving from attic to attic. Or storage locker to storage locker. OR what I fear would happen (and this is when it got weird for me) wind up in a garbage dump because whoever ended up with this old ass vase full of dirt has no idea who you were and couldn't care less. So now you end up for the rest of the earths existence in a land fill with just more and more garbage piling up on top of you. I know after the same amount of time and generations has gone by, no one is coming to your grave site anymore either BUT you're in a cemetery and not a trash dump. Does anyone have any thoughts on this and what do you want done with you when you die? Or do you even care?

This is the weird **** that goes through my mind when I'm bored and left with nothing to do. I'm terrible when left in my own mind.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:12 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
When I die, I hope they toss me off the Confederation Bridge so I can become one with the fishies

Old 02-25-2011, 10:16 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Body Farm for me please.

Body farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 02-25-2011, 11:17 AM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

I'll be dead so what do I care?
Old 02-25-2011, 11:21 AM  

Shuswap, BC
I want to be cremated.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:43 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
I want to be cremated.
Makes more sense. Many cemeteries sit within towns & cities or suburbs. Why fill up plots of land with mouldering bodies encased in shiny boxes which in turn get encased in concrete?
Three funeral corporations own almost all the parlors yet keep the old names to hide their monopoly.
Thirty years ago my mom was cremated. They charged me $100 for the cardboard box they used to hold her body. This is a case of profiting at a time of grief when people are least likely to demand an accounting.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:37 PM  
The Vampire's Wife

Sanborn, New York
Cremated please. Id prefer not to rot in a box...
Old 02-25-2011, 06:31 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I'm figuring the oceans are the most important part of our ecosystem and I'd like to be a part of it when I croak.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads