Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-28-2011, 07:32 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
I would hate to see how the population problem would get. It is already bad enough as it is.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:55 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
I would hate to see how the population problem would get. It is already bad enough as it is.
absolutely, I think we are playing with fire with living forever, not to mention what it would do to social security :-)and that in itself poses "class" issues a at least at first this will likely be expensive so the rich could extend their lives and live off pensions/social security and annuities making them have to pay less or later while the poor people who didn't extend their lives would still become frail at an earlier age with no money there for them.

This would require some extreme population control of one kind or another, and I don't think we as a population can handle an ethical issue of this magnitude.

With that being said I would want to live forever as long as I don't age too much.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:02 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
absolutely, I think we are playing with fire with living forever, not to mention what it would do to social security :-)and that in itself poses "class" issues a at least at first this will likely be expensive so the rich could extend their lives and live off pensions/social security and annuities making them have to pay less or later while the poor people who didn't extend their lives would still become frail at an earlier age with no money there for them.

This would require some extreme population control of one kind or another, and I don't think we as a population can handle an ethical issue of this magnitude.

With that being said I would want to live forever as long as I don't age too much.
It isn't just money. What about food? It is expected that within the next 40
to 50 years the world population will grow so large that there will not be enough
to go around. Go ahead and live forever but you will be hungry the whole time.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:09 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
It isn't just money. What about food? It is expected that within the next 40
to 50 years the world population will grow so large that there will not be enough
to go around. Go ahead and live forever but you will be hungry the whole time.
obviously, I was just commenting on one aspect of it, food production will be severely strained as we will be pressured to increase earth's carrying capacity, there will be far more issues then that as you get into pollution/sanitation/etc

this could work ok if we had much better advances in space travel and only allowed it for those leaving earth

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads