Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2010, 05:05 AM  

Richmond, Virginia
Any Microbreweries in Akron?

I'm driving to Akron today. ANy good Microbreweries?

Old 11-23-2010, 03:57 PM  

cleveland, ohio
Yes there are two good micros in Akron, First would look for Thirsty Dog Brewery products they give tours and have tastings but no food they are off of main st. downtown, The other brewery is Ohio Beer Co. also located in Akron, but I cannot recommend them as I have yet to try any of there products

Old 11-24-2010, 11:12 AM  

I know I'm a day late, but as a resident here, I can fill you in on whats hot.

Near the downtown area you can find Thirsty Dog (located on Grant Street near I-77) and the Ohio Brewing Company off of South Main Street. Of those two, thirsty dog is my favorite. Specific beers I recommend include Siberian Night, Old Leghumper, Pumpkin Ale, and Cerberus. For Ohio brewing, their Cardinal Ale is pretty nice.

Now if you are willing to travel an extra 5 minutes, the best microbrewery near Akron is Hoppin' Frog. They are located off of 224, east of I-77. (it's only about 3 weeks away from downtown). I would literally recommend every beer from there, minus their fruit beers. Prices get on the step side, ($6-$14 for a 22oz bottle), but they are worth every penny!
Old 11-26-2010, 08:58 AM  

Richmond, Virginia
Perfect!

I picked up a bottle of Hoopin Frog last night. I will look it up and take my wife there for a pint tonight. We are actually out on 224 and 43. This will make a nice addition to time with the in-laws.
Thank you so much. I love sharing beer information.

Ron
Old 11-30-2010, 01:28 PM  

Akron, OH
I'm a little late here, but I'm pretty sure Thirsty dog has opened a bar area at Theur brewery location on Grant St. just off of I-77
Old 12-02-2010, 01:14 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schultan View Post
I'm a little late here, but I'm pretty sure Thirsty dog has opened a bar area at Theur brewery location on Grant St. just off of I-77
Not so much a bar as it is a "public tasting room"... still, glad to see them expanding and glad to see them finally get that tasting room they wanted. I would love to see them add a proper pub to the brewery (with greasy pub food).

Source: Ohio.com - Fetch beer at Thirsty Dog
Old 12-04-2010, 06:35 AM  

Richmond, Virginia
Thirsty Dog

I will have to try that next trip. Thank you all for your suggestions.

The Hoppin' Frog IPA was wonderful. I drank it while watching the Browns Dominate the Panthers in the first 30 mins of the game.

But Alass,

Once the beer was gone so was the Browns domination in the game... Hey maybe there is a message here???????
Old 12-09-2010, 08:35 AM  

Newcomerstown, Ohio
Hmmm nice to know of some microbreweries not too far from me. Wish there were some microbreweries down here where I'm at.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads