Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2010, 01:19 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnemovr View Post
i have drove over half the US and OHIO is by far the worst drivers i have seen. not just NE
Clearly you've never driven on I75 through Detroit... average speed is 85 mph through there, and for some reason all the cars were built without turn signals.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:42 AM  
One of 2733

Hudson, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarsutton View Post
...I75 through Detroit... average speed is 85 mph through there, and for some reason all the cars were built without turn signals.
Very true, been there done that.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:09 AM  

Columbus, OH
I'm ashamed to admit that as I travel, I realize that Ohio drivers are the worst, especially in Cleveland. Really, everyone goes 5 under on the highway ALL THE TIME. Except when there's several inches of snow on the highway, then the speeders come out.

Also, I hate to suggest another law, or spend money, but PA has some really nice signs that say "Keep Right, Pass Left." We need one of those about every 10 feet.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:22 PM  
One of 2733

Hudson, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKEnBLAKE View Post
I'm ashamed to admit that as I travel, I realize that Ohio drivers are the worst, especially in Cleveland. Really, everyone goes 5 under on the highway ALL THE TIME. Except when there's several inches of snow on the highway, then the speeders come out.

Also, I hate to suggest another law, or spend money, but PA has some really nice signs that say "Keep Right, Pass Left." We need one of those about every 10 feet.
I totally agree. I hate when the whole highway is clogged because of the one idiot in the left lane going the exact speed limit or slower.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:34 AM  

Chardon, Ohio
The same can also be true for people going 10 - 15 over the limit. Weaving in and out of traffic, cutting people off just to shave 3 minutes off of their commute.

Ever drive 480 in rush hour? Wow ...
Old 12-25-2010, 08:17 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carluchi View Post
The same can also be true for people going 10 - 15 over the limit. Weaving in and out of traffic, cutting people off just to shave 3 minutes off of their commute.
This kind of selfish mentality always amazes me, and really explains how America got to be the nanny state that it is.

The speed I choose to drive should be non of your concern, provided it does not endanger you (Constitution 101... I have the right to do as I please provided it does not violate your rights). The only time that my speed DOES endanger you is when you are moving slower than me and do not move out of the way (e.g. Slow moving selfish car in the fast lane). So really, the danger of my speed is self induced - your slowness caused the problem, not my speed.

Furthermore, the Germans figured it out a long time ago... stay out of the fast lanes if you want to go slow. "A 2005 study by the German Federal Interior Ministry indicated that Autobahn sections with unrestricted speed have the same crash record as sections with speed limits." (Autobahn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

*Troll Disclaimer: 'You' was an ambiguous 'you' and is not directed at anyone in particular.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:41 PM  

Kent, Ohio
You want to go fast, get in the left lane and complain about the jackasses in front of you. You cause a bigger problem when you weave through traffic.

I HATE when I pass someone (usually well above the posted speed limit) and some jackass runs up behind me, cuts off the guy I just passed, and zips around while I'm trying to get back over to the right lane.

(Indefinite "you" throughout)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Bookmark this Page!