Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-11-2011, 04:55 PM  

Cleveland, Ohio
Offroading in Northeast Ohio

I am almost finished with my Jeep build and was wondering where the best places are to go offroading in Northeast Ohio?

Old 01-12-2011, 04:29 PM  
One of 2733

Hudson, Ohio
Wondering the same thing. I'm looking for something more like trails rather than mud holes.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:38 PM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
Check out Jeep Skool... Welcome to JeepSkool.com! . I've not had the chance to go yet, but I hear good things.
Also, Wellsville is another off road area, but I don't hear as good about it. Sounds like a bit of a drunk fest out there. Just the combination we need.....get sloshed and go wheeling!! Probably not the best combination, but I suppose if you are daring enough and keep an eye on the "other guys", it may be a good time!

Look for both at youtube. There are several videos.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:56 AM  

Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks, I will check them out. I also am looking for trail type and family oriented. I would like to get my boys interested in jeeps and offroading. But I don't want to show them the drunkenness that may be at some places more than others. I have heard about up in Michigan there are some sand dunes you can ride but don't know much about them.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:25 PM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
That would be west central Michigan at Silver Lake. Here are some links;
Silver Lake Sand Dunes Area, Silver Lake Michigan Hart, Mears, Pentwater Michigan
DNR - Silver Lake State Park Information

Our club goes every year at least once. Have good tread and good power or the gearing to make up for it if you don't!!!

You could also try Bundy Hill, in Jerome, Michigan. Michigan Off Roading at Bundy Hill Off Road Park - Jerome, MI (4x4, OHV, ORV, ATV, Quad, Motorcycle, Jeep) .
Here are a few videos of some of my trips. (WARNING....some of my friends have potty mouths in certain video's......sorry)
YouTube - GeneralTJWillys's Channel

Good atmosphere, no drinking allowed. Small restaurant on the grounds has good food too! This is my regular spot to go.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:36 AM  

Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks GeneralTJWillys, This is great information! Now I've gotta finish my jeep so I can try some of these places out! I think my boys would love it.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:12 PM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
Anytime. If you find yourself planning to head this way, let me know ahead of time and maybe we can meet up for a Bundy trip. I'll show you around. How's your Jeep fixed for the rough stuff?
Old 01-15-2011, 09:28 AM  

Cleveland, Ohio
Here are some rock sliders i built for the sides. Other than these I don't have any. Here is a link to pics of what I've done so far.
My Jeep Build pictures by shinerm02 - Photobucket

I have a 2 1/2" lift springs, 1" body lift, 5/8" boomerang shackles which all together I think will let me run with 33" tires.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:02 AM  

Jeepskool seems like a great deal.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:32 PM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
Looks good shinerm02. I've got just a 2" BB on my TJ so far. Hope to have more when the shop is done.

Trukt58. From everything I hear, JeepSkool is a great time. Can't wait to go myself.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads