Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2010, 09:54 AM  

Columbus
Ohio attractions?

My wife and I live in Columbus and have extended family coming in to visit. I'm trying to get some ideas on activities we could do in the area. Any thoughts/ suggestions?

Old 08-27-2010, 12:12 AM  

Lancaster, Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklee View Post
My wife and I live in Columbus and have extended family coming in to visit. I'm trying to get some ideas on activities we could do in the area. Any thoughts/ suggestions?
Dunno about Columbus, but Cincy has King's Island and The Beach waterpark.

Old 08-29-2010, 05:50 PM  

Columbus, OH
If you're looking for something to do for a whole day, Cedar Point is a 2 1/2 hour drive, and is a really awesome amusement park.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:12 AM  

Massillon, Ohio
I know of COSI in Columbus. It is pretty interesting, designed for the younger crowds though. I was t here this past summer, and they had a Titanic exhibit, with artifacts recovered from the ship.

What kind of things are they interested in? If you like to take day trips and such, or those "places along the way", I found Roadsideamerica.com that lists little places of interest, too..

Ohio Tourist Attractions and Oddities Index
Old 09-22-2010, 07:16 PM  

Dayton, Ohio
Wow I think i would agree with the past three post all of those are awesome attractions and you should have a great time at each of them.

Other than that Ohio does have quite a bit of state parks that are great for hiking; biking; walking; canoeing....
Old 09-30-2010, 07:40 PM  

Somerset, Ohio
Columbus Zoo, Hocking Hills, Old Mans Cave, Easton Town Center (walk around the mall, grab lunch at Brio, go see a movie, go get dessert at the Cheesecake Factory, go to Gameworks, etc), Short North, COSI, Kings Island, The Horseshoe, soccer/hockey or whatever is in season right now.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:18 PM  

sharana, afghanistan
depending on age group there are some sweet go-cart family fun centers up there
Old 10-01-2010, 07:58 AM  

Swanton, Ohio
Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFranko View Post
If you're looking for something to do for a whole day, Cedar Point is a 2 1/2 hour drive, and is a really awesome amusement park.
Cedar Point is rated as the TOP amusement Park for roller coasters in the US.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:31 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJWildman View Post
Cedar Point is rated as the TOP amusement Park for roller coasters in the US.
I'm only about a mile away and grew up going to Cedar Point. Kinda spoiled I guess since so many parks try to live up Cedar Point.

I miss Geauga Lake though. It was a great park that closed before its time. Same for Chippewa Lake Park.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:42 AM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
See my post in link to the "...give me one good reason..." thread, here--> http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/ohi...63/index2.html

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Bookmark this Page!