Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2010, 05:21 PM  

Ironton, OH
I do like the resonable auto lic plate fees (no personal property taxes like WV or KY)
No yearly car inspection fleecing from the state.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:15 PM  

Columbus, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmdr View Post
There is something for everyone. And it is usually not far away.
I'll second that! Especially living in central OH. I'm about 2.5 hours at most from just about anywhere.

There's plenty of parks, cities with stuff to do that are just minutes from rolling farm fields. Fall is an incredible sight, the winters are good for some fun but not too harsh, and so far, I'd say we're just about the right size population-wise, although it's growing rapidly.

I've been places that are prettier, but they are usually hours from the nearest metropolitan areas, and there's not much to do. I like Ohio just fine, thank you!

Old 10-07-2010, 01:27 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitecop View Post
I do like the resonable auto lic plate fees (no personal property taxes like WV or KY)
No yearly car inspection fleecing from the state.
Amen to that!!!! After living in California and going through their stupid smog crap, and then in Hawaii we've got crazy car safety inspections every year, and recon inspections if you ever modify your car - it's ridiculous! God bless Ohio!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-08-2010, 06:28 PM  

dayton, ohio
ohio is a very nice central location in the US that is why i like ohio.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:52 PM  

North Canton, Ohio
some of us like the ever changing weather, even if it means you might be faced with having to make the decision to stop on the side of the highway to put the top up or just let the interior of your jeep get wet...
Old 10-10-2010, 02:57 PM  

coweta, OK
I never realized how good the deer hunting was in Ohio until i moved to Oklahoma.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:50 AM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeer1130 View Post
some of us like the ever changing weather, even if it means you might be faced with having to make the decision to stop on the side of the highway to put the top up or just let the interior of your jeep get wet...

I resemble that remark!! News called for sun all day, that day, but when I came out after work, it was a deluge! I quickly threw up the top, but, the side and rear windows and doors were home. 27 mile trip to get to them. C'est la vie!! The life of a Wrangler owner can be exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieJeeper View Post
I never realized how good the deer hunting was in Ohio until i moved to Oklahoma.
GREAT in Ohio and pretty darn good in southern Kentucky too!!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:50 PM  

Coral Springs, Florida
Ohio love

I love Ohio because in general people are nice to each other there. I moved to South Florida 4 years ago and have hated every minute of it. It's the most unhappy place in the US. People down here treat each other like crap as a rule.

I wanna go back, I gotta go back, To Ohio

Go bucks
Old 10-14-2010, 08:59 AM  

Cincinnati, OH
I like that we won't get flooded from hurricanes. Earthquakes are rare. No volcanoes. Not much to worry about and there is some darn pretty country in the southeast/east.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:15 PM  

Akron, Ohio
I love that everything is here and it all started here. It truely is the heart of it all. You gotta love playing in the snow too thank god for lake effect!!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads