Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oklahoma
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-09-2010, 02:00 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Please give me one good reason to visit Oklahoma

I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks

Old 09-22-2010, 08:04 PM  

Pensacola, FL
I live in Pensacola but grew up in Moore, Ok. Oklahoma City to Moore to Norman where THE University is. Great bars and Norman is a very cool town!

Old 09-23-2010, 10:44 AM  

enid, oklahoma
Since you have a jeep go wheeling! There is a great offroad park in Disney Ok called Hogans Offroad. Its about an hour or so NE of tulsa. It has alot of good trails and rocks to climb around on. If you dont feel like doing that, Bricktown in Okc has some great food and nightlife. Have a great time!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:19 AM  

Moore, Oklahoma
You're a Jeeper! We have everything from River Running in the OKC area, to desert running in Little Sahara to trail running in the Ozarks or down around Clayton!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:02 PM  

Enid, Oklahoma
On the other hand, if you wanna see a bunch of NOTHING go to the panhandle

If you like camping, there are a few good lakes and Roman Nose State Park..
Old 10-01-2010, 08:10 PM  

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I'm originally from the east coast (Pennsylvania and Maryland) and came out to Oklahoma back in 1992, havn't wanted to leave ever since. Just like everyone else said when it comes to Jeep'n (Little Sahara, Disney OK), i'm really looking forward to hitting some of the great trails around here myself (I've only had my Jeep for 2 months).
Old 10-02-2010, 01:19 AM  

Lawton, Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4n3wl3v3l View Post
On the other hand, if you wanna see a bunch of NOTHING go to the panhandle

If you like camping, there are a few good lakes and Roman Nose State Park..
That's no lie, The college in the panhandle was offering me a full ride for basketball. When i visited i decided to go to Chickasha lol. There are some dunes out there in Beaver though. Not sure if they let you jeep out there or not.

I'm partial to the wildlife refuge, good hiking out there and great scenery, makes you forget where your at from time to time. Good fishin too.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:31 AM  

owasso, oklahoma
Oklahoma is not just open fields and dirt roads like portrayed in Twister, it is a very nice place to visit and you might find it very relaxing. Lots to do and see all over Oklahoma from beautiful lakes to museums. Tulsa has Gilcrease museum, Grand Lake, Lake Tenkiller, Fort Gibson Lake, among others Okc has the Okc thunder pro basketball team and THE Oklahoma Sooners in Norman. You can try several different types of food as well all pretty good BBQ in Ok is great.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:52 AM  

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
As stated Oklahoma has the a good range of scenery; plains, sand and dunes (little sahara), Ozark foothills (eastern oklahoma), some nice lakes, and truthfully some really good people and best of all a some damn good trails (Disney and Clinton)... Always worth a visit... Hell almost every state is well minus Kansas and Texas... hehehe
Old 10-07-2010, 01:06 PM  

Sallisaw, Oklahoma
As I said in a previous post, Eastern(both north and south) Oklahoma has some of the most beautiful scenery in the nation. Google "Cavanal Hill" or"Talimena Scenic Drive", just a couple examples. If ya like boating, Lake Tenkiller is great. If you are a runner, come and run the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon with me in April. It's all about the victims of the OKC bombing. Its a very humbling experience. Starts and ends in Bricktown so there is a lot to do at night too. I'm sure someone from the left side of the state has more info on that end also.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oklahoma
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads