Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nebraska > Omaha / Council Bluffs
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2011, 07:14 PM  

Bellevue, NE
Motorcycle recommendation

Ok...I'm looking to pick your brains here....I'm looking to get a new bike and I love the look and feel of the 2004/5 Yamaha Road Star Midnight Silverado 1700cc.

Main loves would be:
The overall size of the bike (dimensions not necessarily cc)
The hard plastic lockable saddle bags
It's a belt drive
And the 3 head lights on the front

Dislikes - it's carb'd and only a 5 speed

I'm wondering if anyone out there can recommend something in this caliber and style (hopefully with as much of the 'likes' already included) that is fuel injected and 6 speed?

Please do not recommend any Harley Davidson's I have no interested in them at all

Thanks for your help guys
Motorcycle recommendation-yamaha-road-star-midnight-silverado-1700.jpg 

Old 05-06-2011, 10:49 PM  

Bellevue, NE
So I've had someone recommend the Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Nomad....looks to be everything I am looking for....soooooo anyone know where one of these is being sold second hand LOL?

Old 05-19-2011, 01:26 PM  

Omaha, ne
I've got a 2005 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic. I love it. I've done absolutely nothing but ride it, and replace both tires and both sets of brakes. The only modification I've done is putting on Long Shots.

I bought it brand new for under $9,000. It's liquid-cooled, and electronic fuel injected.

It rides fantastic. Smoooooooth... The rider sits low. It gets about 48-49 mpg on the highway, and has lots of power.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a heavy cruiser. I'd also suggest looking on Craigslist if you're looking for a used one.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nebraska > Omaha / Council Bluffs
Bookmark this Page!