Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Orange County
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2010, 11:52 AM  

Bakersfield, Ca
Anywhere to drive on the beach?

Is there anywhere in the OC where driving on the sand at the beach is legal?

I want to take my Jeep out like at Oceano, but I am not sure where.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:04 AM  

Edgewater, FL
Are you kidding? The Eco-Nazi's would claim that there was a California Sand Slug that was indigeonous in that area only, and that all human visitation should be curtailed completely, and block the area from all human intervention. And the Ninth District Court would uphold it.

I love SoCal so much and hate the legislation that has ruined the experience. Living in SoCal in the 70's-80's was so much fun. I remember racing from Irvine to Camp Pendleton down I-5 with my boyfriend. Unsafe....but still possible. Now? Forget it.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:21 PM  

Huntington Beach, CA
Not enough room for an off road park on the beach in O.C. Huntington Beach is crowded enough!
Old 11-13-2010, 01:36 AM  

Apple Valley, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickstand View Post
Are you kidding? The Eco-Nazi's would claim that there was a California Sand Slug that was indigeonous in that area only, and that all human visitation should be curtailed completely, and block the area from all human intervention. And the Ninth District Court would uphold it.
...LOL... she is right.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:28 PM  

Long Beach, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
are you kidding? The eco-nazi's would claim that there was a california sand slug that was indigeonous in that area only, and that all human visitation should be curtailed completely, and block the area from all human intervention. And the ninth district court would uphold it.
rotflmao
Old 12-08-2010, 10:52 AM  

Tustin, California
Drive on the beach? You can't even be on the beach after 10 on foot without getting harassed... Free country, my bungholio.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:28 PM  

Yorba Linda, California
There is a beach you could drive up north near San Francisco (no, really there was). I don't know if you still can drive on it. It was the only beach in California you could drive on. There is no way you could legally drive on a beach in Orange County unless you get a job as a lifeguard, police officer, or firefighter/paramedic.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:32 PM  

Pismo Beach?
Old 01-19-2011, 11:44 PM  

Apple Valley, California
Driving on the beach big rig style

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkbug View Post
Not enough room for an off road park on the beach in O.C. Huntington Beach is crowded enough!
Orange county will bust you for that or anything for that matter. Here is a good one for you. In 1986 I not only drove on a beach. Me and a fellow owner/operator trucker drove on the beach bobtail with our freightliner tractors (tandems locked in) during spring break (hot girls everywhere) on Clearwater beach in Florida and the cops looked at us parked next to each other on the beach about twenty feet from the water and said nothing. Drinking beer, stereo blasting talking back and forth on the CB radio. One guy looked up at me as he handed me a beer and said..."you guys are crazy"... the things I got away with in my early twenties. The 80s were great. Try that ANYWHERE now
Old 01-24-2011, 08:24 PM  

Looking at the Cal website, they show San Onofre State Beach as a possible place, but I haven't confirmed it.

California State Parks

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Orange County
Bookmark this Page!