Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Orange County
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-04-2010, 08:30 AM  

Anaheim, CA
Excellent Bars/Microbreweries in OC

first that comes to mind is the Anthill Pub on UCI's campus near the student center. I work down the street and often stop by for a liquid lunch. The first time I made a visit I was pleasantly surprised by the selection. You wont find Coors or Bud in this place. A heavy selection of ever rotating micro and craft brews, including Pliny the Elder. Last I was there a 10oz glass of Elder was $4.50. Also, they are known to get Pliny the Younger and will not advertise it. By request only. Great, low cost diner food as well.
Cash only.
I know where I'm heading for lunch today.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:21 AM  

New York City, New Jersey
Alcatraz Brewing Company at the Block in Orange is a decent Brewpub. Rob the brewmaster is a bit standoffish, but he's really starting to figure out some good recipes...

Old 11-18-2010, 06:11 PM  

California
Check out The Bruery in Placentia. Outstanding Belgian style brews, great people who work there, and they usually have food trucks outside that serve some great food. Every Sunday the Lime Truck makes an appearance, and I'd have to say that their food is better than most restaurants.

Right now The Bruery has an outstanding porter on tap that will become a regular release for their retail store in Orange.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:07 PM  

I will have to second The Bruery in Placentia. Excellent place for some great beer and some extravagent food from a food truck called The Lime Truck. You will love it. Very friendly place.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:27 PM  

California
Bootleggers in Fullerton is also very good, they are new so the tasting times are a bit limited
Old 11-22-2010, 06:19 PM  

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by alehouserock View Post
Bootleggers in Fullerton is also very good, they are new so the tasting times are a bit limited
The Bruery makes solid beer for an O.C. brewery. They're open until 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays, have a beer sampler deal that lets you keep the glass, and normally has a gourmet food truck outside until closing (on those 2 days only).
Old 11-22-2010, 08:45 PM  

Westminster, CA
Brewbakers
7242 Heil Avenue
Huntington Beach, CA 92647

Brewbakers, Huntington Beach, CA

For a price, they supply all the stuff and you can brew your favorite beer in the store. They supply everything from grain to bottles. I buy my home brew grains and such their also.

While cooking you can try one of their (normally) 4 beers made on site. Dennis has a new flavor every week. He makes bread, sandwiches, pretzels, and pizza for your dining pleasure.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:16 PM  

Orange, Ca
IMHO Beachwood BBQ in Seal Beach is hands down the best beer bar in OC. The new Bruery provisions store is Orange is also great when you can't get to the Bruery on the weekend.

Someone mentioned Alcatraz - I agree that it's become better in recent months. Tustin Brewery is also doing much better than before.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:24 PM  

edmonton, alberta
I wish we had the level of brew culture here that you guys have. Very few brewpubs here and the ones we do have are part of chains that have there signiture beers brewed for them.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:37 PM  

Mill Valley, CA
The Bruery is a great spot. Another is Pizza Port in San Clemente, perfect after a surf session.

i live in NorCal now, but when i come down to the OC I make an effort to hit those two spots.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Orange County
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads