Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Orange County
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 03:50 PM  

California
Other Homebrewers in OC?

Hell, all the other counties asked!

I usually buy my stuff at O'Sheas or Steinfillers.

I heard the Culver City store is pretty good as well. Anyone been there?

Old 11-22-2010, 05:56 PM  

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by alehouserock View Post
Hell, all the other counties asked!

I usually buy my stuff at O'Sheas or Steinfillers.

I heard the Culver City store is pretty good as well. Anyone been there?
Addison Homebrew Provisions is a great shop. The shop owner, Eric, is a very helpful guy. They have a homebrew club as well that meets there once a month.

Welcome to Addison Homebrew Provisions - beer, wine & mead

Old 11-22-2010, 09:39 PM  

Westminster, CA
I get my supplies at Brewbakers in Huntington Beach. I'm not real impressed with the grain mill they use. Leaves a good portion of grain un-cracked. I've been looking around for a decent grain mill so I can crack it myself.

I love O'Sheas for the selection also.

Brewbakers
7242 Heil Avenue
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Brewbakers HB, CA

Their hook is you can brew in the store. They have 7 brew kettles all piped for water and burners. They have forced CO2 bottlers and supply everything. I think it runs about $150 (3 cases of 12/22oz. bottles per case) but you save by not keeping all your own equipment.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:44 AM  

Orange County, CA
I usually get all my stuff from steinfillers. I have been really happy with everything i have gotten from them. I have never been to O'sheas, its a bit far for my bicycle, but I did buy a bunch of my homebrew equipment off of a guy who highly recomended the place.

Brew bakers is just around the corner from my girlfriends place, never have brewed anything there though, the price to brew is a bit steep for me. It is nice to drop in there for a pint of their beer. The best part of brewbakers is that they grow their own hops on location.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:11 PM  

Orange, Ca
Addison Homebrew Provisions is my new go to store. Eric is super nice and very helpful. If you brew a lot, drop $25 to become a member and get a 10% discount.

Stein Fillers has awesome prices on ingredients but (at least as far as I can tell) they buy a lot of their equipment from more beer and mark it up from there.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:16 AM  

Long Beach, Ca
I hit Steinfillers often. I'm actually in Long Beach so it is only like 5 mins from my house. It's a pretty good shop.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:26 AM  

Dana Point, California
Since I live in Dana Point I go to O'Shea's. Like said above they have a great selection. Anyone who has ever been working there has been very helpful, even when I called them from home with concerns about my homebrew.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:46 AM  

Tustin, California
Howdy!
O'Shea's is my go to place as I work in Mission Viejo. But just discovered Addison Homebrew Provisions and will probably be frequenting there more often since I live in Tustin. The owner was super nice and helpful and even let me come in to shop when they were closed!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:26 PM  

Garden Grove, CA
Another vote for Addison Homebrew Provisions. I've aso shopped Steinfillers and O'Sheas but Addison is my new go-to shop. It also helps that it's close enough to work to shop during my lunch hour.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:45 AM  

California
Tell me more about Addison Homebrew Provisions

How are their prices compared to Steinfillers and O'Sheas?

DO you have a favorite ingredient/recipe kit?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Orange County
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads