Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Orange County
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2011, 03:54 PM  

Try hitting up Black Star canyon. But honestly I would head to Johnson Valley and get serious.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:55 PM  

Or Ocotillo wells. There is a little of everything out there. Or truck haven.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:49 PM  

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFromSoCal View Post
Just please don't be one of those people who dust hikers @ Holy Jims. We use the trail, too.
+1 on this. I enjoy hiking out there, but sometimes it can quite difficult to get out to the trailhead being that the trail to get there is in such poor condition due to people tearing it up, and I've had people dust me several times. We can all share!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:13 PM  

Holy Jim is great after the rains like they stated before me. I was there during each of the large storms this season and it was some decent wheeling. Lots and lots of mud pits which turned my green 06 Unlimited into a nice desert tan

There is a nice trail that heads up to the left a while after the little remote controlled aircraft site (there is a flipped vehicle on the side of the mountain as you approach). If you follow that trail up for a while there is a spot that was washed out by a mudslide so you can no longer go farther. All we need is a few guys with shovels and maybe a 12 pack and that run could get going again. I never have gone all the way to its end though so I dont know where it dumps you out.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:41 AM  

trabuco rd is a county road, no fires, no smoking, no dust, no trash. pack it out and pick up after the guy who didn't.
you're better off to 4X on the other side of saddleback. also try san diego .
o.c. trails end at county gates . then you either turn around or display your adventure pass and hike the rest of the way .
Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 PM  

Tustin, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRob88 View Post
Holy Jim is great after the rains like they stated before me. I was there during each of the large storms this season and it was some decent wheeling. Lots and lots of mud pits which turned my green 06 Unlimited into a nice desert tan

There is a nice trail that heads up to the left a while after the little remote controlled aircraft site (there is a flipped vehicle on the side of the mountain as you approach). If you follow that trail up for a while there is a spot that was washed out by a mudslide so you can no longer go farther. All we need is a few guys with shovels and maybe a 12 pack and that run could get going again. I never have gone all the way to its end though so I dont know where it dumps you out.
Ive taken that road up to the left a few times. The second time i went and tried to see where it dumped. I turned around when a dirtbiker said it got too narrow for him; I had to back up 1.5-2 miles until I found a spot to turn around. Im pretty sure at one time it made it all the way to saddleback mountain, at least thats what the maps indicate

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Orange County
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.