Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Orange County
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2010, 02:17 PM  

Long Beach, CA
El Moro canyon is a good place for a hike. I run those trails on the weekend from the top of pelican hill down to the beach. Beautiful views, very secluded, and no noise from cars once you get away from the 73.

Also, if you're into climbing, or want to get into it, check out Rockreation in Costa Mesa. Good if your new or old to the sport. They change up the problems frequently to keep it interesting.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:12 AM  

Orange County, CA
I have never actually hiked there, I should check it out sometime. When I hike I usually go a bit farther inland around the trabuco canyon area. There are some beautiful hikes all over there.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:22 AM  

Huntington Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Does Central Park still have the restaurant with the homemade cinammon rolls? That place is fantastic!
Yes i believe it is called the Park Bench Cafe, it's right at the bottom of the hill on Goldenwest.

-sorry for the late reply i haven't been on in a while
-how do i edit the original post? I would like to add everyones replies onto the first post.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:29 PM  

Downtown Fullerton is a fun place to walk, drink & eat on the weekends.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:21 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddey View Post
Yes i believe it is called the Park Bench Cafe, it's right at the bottom of the hill on Goldenwest.

-sorry for the late reply i haven't been on in a while
-how do i edit the original post? I would like to add everyones replies onto the first post.
You could always copy/paste into the original posting using your edit tab, but it is easier just to let it flow in the thread.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:23 PM  

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Orange County Fairgrounds on weekends. Great times walking around buying fresh veggies, fair type food, furniture, art, etc.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:45 PM  

Costa Mesa, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by drat View Post
HB pier and by extension, the entire downtown area.

This is for people who want to visit, not the locals right, cause most locals hate what downtown HB has become...
Hear, hear! The freaking developers that run this county ruin everything they get their greedy hands on.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:50 PM  

Costa Mesa, CA
Like Havasu said, the Orange County Marketplace at the fairgrounds is a good way to kill a weekend afternoon (and there's always other stuff going on there, too). There's also a great farmer's market culture developing, serviced by live music and EXCELLENT food trucks, examples in several cities. No one's mentioned the obvious yet: THE BEACH. Hiking in South County's been mentioned. I'll add in the Santa Ana river trail. Most of it's just concrete, but the last few miles before the ocean are awesome (along with the nature preserve and Fairview Park) and, at the other end, the last few miles before crossing the SB county line are cool, too.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:25 PM  

Mile Square Park! Golfing, hiking, picnic! Its fun!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:11 PM  

California
Laguna Beach Pagent of the Masters and the Sawdust Festival every Summer. Great Californian experience.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Orange County
Bookmark this Page!

« surf contests | - »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.