Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2010, 02:08 PM  

Bend, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscoot00 View Post
I used to live in Bend about eight years ago. Just wondering what it has turned into now?
It's strange. Having been here for 18 years now, I can tell you it isn't what it used to be.

I can go to a familiar Pub or Brewery and not know a soul when I would use to be able to name everyone in the joint.

Then the wife and I will go to a new place to check it out and it will be filled with old time locals taking us back years.

It's big enough not to get stale and still small enough to enjoy fond memories with long time friends. Just depends on where you go.

Like I said, it's strange.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:19 AM  
Henrythe9th

Redmond, Oregon
That why I choose Redmond, ya Cascade Lakes does not have the best Beer, but at least I know people.

I used to only drive to Bend for Beer making supplies, I fixed that problem

Fishing Rocks in Central Oregon although!!

Old 11-23-2010, 08:32 AM  

salem, oregon
Lots of tourists but still a nice place to visit. -Josh
Old 11-23-2010, 10:11 AM  

Bend, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrythe9th View Post
That why I choose Redmond, ya Cascade Lakes does not have the best Beer, but at least I know people.

I used to only drive to Bend for Beer making supplies, I fixed that problem

Fishing Rocks in Central Oregon although!!
Part of the 7th Street Happy Hour crowd here!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:02 PM  

Bend
I would have to concur with Scott. A town with this many breweries; how can you go wrong. Having been born and raised in Bend and celebrating my 41st birthday today, I've seen the changes. It's still a great place to raise a family and recreate. It's not the Bend it used to be, but still very liveable. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in Oregon.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:00 PM  

Bend, Oregon
I really enjoy bend but feel there is a big snooty attitude from a lot of people. The type of folks that may run into you and not say sorry, hold a door open for them and they dont say thank you, dont say excuse me when they get in your way.

Oh well guess im asking for way to much
Old 11-28-2010, 09:37 PM  

Monmouth, OR
I was actually in the Bend area for Thanksgiving with the family. Even though it may have changed a bit in the last 8 years, I absolutely love visiting there. This is the earliest in the season I've snowboarded up on Bachelor and the snow was still great. No matter what happens Bend will always have an unbeatable atmosphere and a feeling of quality.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:24 AM  

Bend, Oregon
I moved to Bend in April from Florida & have to say that I'll never leave!
Lots of freindly folks, plenty of great beer & beautiful scenery.

A big plus is being able to get to most any area of Oregon within a few hours...can't beat that!

: cheers :
Old 01-16-2011, 09:06 PM  
***** Builder

Bend, Oregon
I think I might be able to shed a little more light. Not totally sure on the time lines so you may already know some of this however..

Mountain View Mall is no more, theres a california style open street mall there now. Instead of Kmart there is now Best Buy. North of that was cleared up for a Target, Home Depot, Sports-mans warehouse and Lowes. Also another Les Schwabs up there.

ehh.. he Old Mill got reconstructed int the Old Mill District with another similar high price mall and a 10 plex regal cinemas that recently upgraded to 16 theaters. There are still trying Very hard to keep it pretty and have expanded west adding high price housing communities and another high school out off of Mt Washington.

They are still trying to keep adding and expanding those "roundabouts" in the roads and spending a lot of money to keep Bend very 'pretty' Job market is not good at all, so it's poverty with a view for those of us without money.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads