Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2011, 12:45 PM  

Sisters, Oregon
Favorite Oregon Hikes?

The McKenzie River Trail is a current favorite. Can't wait for the spring runoff so I can get some great shots of the Blue Hole.

Koosah Falls on the McKenzie River

Black Butte is another favorite for an easy day hike when guests visit.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:42 PM  
Community Active

Florence, OR
I like the short hike from the parking lot up the hill to Heceta Lighthouse. I only have to stop once!!

Old 03-02-2011, 12:49 PM  

Not sure if you're looking for easy day-hiking kind of stuff or full on backpacking but one could do either on the Rogue River Trail. It's a great hike. There's two options: First would be to hike down river left to Reine Falls. It's a two mile hike that's easy and enjoyable and ends with a spectacular view of the falls (up close and personal).

The other option is to hike on the actual Rogue River Trail down river right. This section runs the entire length of the wild and scenic section. My wife and I do this often in the spring and spend the night somewhere along the river. It's an awesome trail as well with beautiful scenery and lots of camping and fishing options.

Trail Head is at Grave Creek for both... though the Reine trail head could also be accessed by parking along the road if you can find a spot.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:12 AM  

Sisters, Oregon
Haven't done the Rogue River Trail yet. Will definitely have to add it to my list.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Bookmark this Page!