Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2010, 04:48 PM  

astoria, oregon
Hello from Astoria

Just thought I'd say hello from the not so sunny town of Astoria. We've had a late summer here but it seems to be coming to a close today. Looks like the first good storm of the season is heading our way.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:23 AM  

Warrenton, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
Just thought I'd say hello from the not so sunny town of Astoria. We've had a late summer here but it seems to be coming to a close today. Looks like the first good storm of the season is heading our way.
Hello from Warrenton, the second cloudiest city in the US, but still one of the greatest places on earth to live.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:14 PM  
SWK

Forest Grove, OREGON
Hows the crabbing going ive heard its good. but the rain might have slowed it down.Have traps ready to go to hammond lol
Old 10-26-2010, 09:17 PM  

Warrenton, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWK View Post
Hows the crabbing going ive heard its good. but the rain might have slowed it down.Have traps ready to go to hammond lol
I don't know how crabbing has been but I'll check with some folks and let you know. I'll try to have an answer by tomorrow. The river hasn't been to nice last couple of days, kind of bumpy with the wind we've had.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:20 PM  

astoria, oregon
Hell they closed the Columbia River Bar down for high waves. At 100 miles out a buoy recorded a wave height of 47 feet. Bad waters right now.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:22 PM  

astoria, oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatlee View Post
Hello from Warrenton, the second cloudiest city in the US, but still one of the greatest places on earth to live.
You guys are getting hammered twice as hard as we are right now. Heard the surf at Peter Iredale is huge.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:22 PM  

Warrenton, Oregon
Quote:
Hell they closed the Columbia River Bar down for high waves. At 100 miles out a buoy recorded a wave height of 47 feet. Bad waters right now.
yeah, maybe that's more than bumpy
Old 10-26-2010, 09:24 PM  

astoria, oregon
Im hating the weather right now, mainly because I have to run the pellet stove and oil heat, my house was built in 1925 and this hard wind whistles through here and there, that and there is zero insulation.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:33 PM  

Warrenton, Oregon
Quote:
You guys are getting hammered twice as hard as we are right now. Heard the surf at Peter Iredale is huge.
I think it has calmed down some, still hear the surf at the house but not a roar anymore. The sound can change with wind direction also and my weather station is broke. Not sure what the wind is doing now.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:35 PM  

astoria, oregon
Its sucking big time, thats what the weather is doing right now.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Bookmark this Page!