Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2010, 09:41 PM  

Warrenton, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
Im hating the weather right now, mainly because I have to run the pellet stove and oil heat, my house was built in 1925 and this hard wind whistles through here and there, that and there is zero insulation.
Grew up in a house like that. My brother likes us having this wx, he's coming down from Beaverton tomorrow to check out the surf. High surf, another thing to visit this area for.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:29 AM  
SWK

Forest Grove, OREGON
Yes i heard on the news the river is closed. I do know the area well Ive been fishing and crabbing there for a long time. We have stayed at kampers west for many years but times are hard so we didn't stay there this year. Wow the sturegon fishing sucked there this year. I was just woundering how they have been doing for the last couple of weeks there.

Thanks for you help Steve

Old 10-27-2010, 12:56 PM  

Warrenton, Oregon
Crabs doing good

Hey Steve, word is the Crabs have been very good. River is beautiful today but the Crabs have probably gone to sea because of all the rain. More rain coming too.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:37 PM  
Community Active

Florence, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
Im hating the weather right now, mainly because I have to run the pellet stove and oil heat, my house was built in 1925 and this hard wind whistles through here and there, that and there is zero insulation.
Know what you mean and my house is only 5 years old. When the outside temps just barely make it out of the 50's the stove runs almost all day!

Windy here in the dunes, too!!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:32 AM  
SWK

Forest Grove, OREGON
Thanks gnatlee for the info. Guess i'll just have to wait for the fresh water to wash out some.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:50 PM  

astoria, oregon
Theres been somewhat of a break in the weather up here, however, theres word we will see snow in the mountains before too long.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:11 AM  

Portland, Oregon
The storms are what I miss about living in Astoria. I liked cooking stew on the woodstove when the power would go out for 4 or 5 days. I liked laying in bed listening to the wind blowing everything around. When I was really little we would listen for trees to snap off in the forest and then try to find them the next day.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Bookmark this Page!