Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-18-2011, 09:40 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
help a WARRIOR

SIGNATURES
PETITIONING
Spokesperson, Chase Bank(Thomas Kelly)
STARTED BY
Economic Fairness Oregon

Quote:
OVERVIEW
20 year-old Aaron Collette is currently serving in Iraq and looking forward to seeing his family. He's been in the Army for a year and half, and recently survived an IED explosion next to his squad. Aaron could vacation anywhere in the world, but he simply wants to come home to Oregon and see his family.

Unfortunately, Aaron might not have a home to return to. His family will be kicked out of their home later this month.

JPMorgan Chase is foreclosing on Tim Collete's home in Bend, Oregon on June 20th. Tim has asked the bank to hold on foreclosure proceedings until his son, Aaron, is able to return from Iraq for his two weeks of leave time. But so far, they've refused.

"I don't want him thinking about coming home and having it not be there. I just want him to come home and know he can be safe for 15 days," said Tim Collette.

Tim Collette's story is all too familiar. He was told by his bank that he'd only qualify for a loan modification if he missed two of his monthly payments. Once he did that (remember: per the bank's instructions), Chase attempted to foreclose on him. One financial blogger writes, "Like the nightmare scenarios we have heard about, they basically tortured him for a year and ended with turning down his modification request."

The Daily Mail reports: "The nightmare with JPMorgan Chase bank began back in 2008 when Mr Collette, who had been making regular payments on his mortgage, asked for financial help. He started making payments again until last year when he got a demand for $9,000 Chase claimed he should have paid, and the foreclosure process began all over again."

"All I'm asking for is something to let me be there for a few more months," said Tim.

Let's work together to stop Chase bank from foreclosing on Tim Collette and his family.
Update 6/24/2011: When Tim Collette's story initially broke, Chase responded to the media frenzy by telling reporters they would work with Tim to find a solution. Last week, they informed Tim that the foreclosure is back on. Tim and his family are now scheduled to be foreclosed on August 9th.
Petition Letter

Don't foreclose on soldier's home

Greetings,

I recently learned that JPMorgan Chase will foreclose and auction off a soldier's home in Bend, Oregon on June 20, 2011. I'm writing to ask that your bank stop foreclosure proceedings for Mr. Collette, so that Aaron Collette - an active duty member of the military - has a home to return to when he is released for two weeks of leave time this year.

Your decision to foreclose on the Collette family is reprehensible. U.S. law protects military service men and women from facing foreclosure while on active duty. While Aaron Collette is not the homeowner in this situation, this is his home.

Tim Collette is a responsible homeowner. He made a significant downpayment on his home when he purchased it back in 2006. But in 2008 - in an economic collapse caused by banks like yours - he lost his job. When he called JPMorgan Chase for assistance in restructuring his mortgage payments, he was told he'd have to miss two payments to qualify. Once he did that, the bank began foreclosure proceedings. Ultimately, Chase refused to modify his mortgage.

Your bank has mistakenly foreclosed on at least 27 active military service members. JPMorgan Chase executive Jamie Dimon said of this mistake, "There is no class of citizen that we hold in higher regard...this is the worst [mistake] we've made. We deeply apologize to our veterans ... and we're sorry."

If JPMorgan Chase is serious about making right with America's veterans and their families, you should immediately stop the foreclosure proceedings on Tim Collette and his family. Do the right thing.

Thanks.

[Your name]

Petition Link:
Economic Justice Petition: Tell Chase Bank: Don't Foreclose on Soldier's Family | Change.org

Old 07-26-2011, 10:17 AM  

This is a disgrace what the banks do. These solders give their life and the banks have no mercy.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:41 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurecoast View Post
This is a disgrace what the banks do. These solders give their life and the banks have no mercy.
Capitalism has regressed to a predator/prey relationship with customers. Shrink the package, use finer print, squeeze the corpse for the last drop and pocket the profit. They don't even notice who they're doing this to.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:47 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Disgusting. Simply disgusting. Chase is really making a name for themselves and it's nothing to be proud of.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:48 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
Disgusting. Simply disgusting. Chase is really making a name for themselves and it's nothing to be proud of.
Nor is it anything that we should be surprised by. These dang banks sold those worthless mortgages profiting off the churn and now after it being exposed they're too arrogant to correct their ways.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.