Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2010, 10:06 AM  

Mt St Helen's Ash

Just found a vial of Mt St Helen's ash that my Uncle got for me after the 1980 eruption.

Who else has some?

Old 12-21-2010, 10:33 AM  

Portland, OR
I have some volcanic rocks I gathered from there when I was a kid back when it was allowed to take the rocks from there, but no ash. I have gone to St. Helens every 5 years for the passed few years and it is amazing how different it is as it regrows in such a small time frame. When I was little it was nothing but a scene out of mad max and the hillsides looked like a mass pile of toothpicks were strewn about, these being the trees that had their vegetation incinerated off of them and blown down.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:32 PM  

SLO, CA
Grabbed some off of my Dad's car when I was a kid. It was 2-3" thick!!! Crazy times for sure. I think my folks still have it on a shelf.

BW
Old 12-28-2010, 06:03 AM  

Sammamish, WA
We have a little moose statue that was made from it that we bought in the early 80s at a Christmas fair.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:34 PM  

Coos Bay, OR
I have a little Owl statue that is made out of the ash. Anyone else think about playing in that stuff as a kid and wonder about their lungs?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Bookmark this Page!