Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-23-2010, 03:39 PM  

Layton, Utah
Places to Visit

My Family and I (Parents and little sister), are going to visit Oregon coast, is there any places you guys recomend visiting? Is there anything really really cool that we should go too on our way in or out (going from Utah to Oregon)? Thanks in advance!

Old 09-23-2010, 08:00 PM  

Sammamish, WA
The Highway 101 Drive from Tillamook to the California border is slow but really scenic. Very rugged, mostly unspoiled coastline. Just watch out for elk crossing the road at dusk. If you haven't been there the Tillamook Cheese factory is great fun, and you can't beat the ice cream.

We stayed at the Best Western Beachfront Inn in Harbor, OR and had a balcony view of the sea, with waves crashing all night to listen too. If you get that far south it's worth the price, I think we paid about $150.

When in Portland we stay at a truckstop, the Portlander Inn. It's like a small city, everything you want and at the theater first-run movies, plus popcorn and drink for about $12 (2 people). Whether you read or not Powell's Book in Portland is a can't miss, also Voodoo Donuts.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:30 PM  

Cornelius, OR
LOL on the Voodoo Donuts. never thought I would hear let alone agree with telling someone to stop buy and try them. Get there early or you miss out on the good and outragous creations. Ooh bacon-maple bar sounds so good right now.

If you get the chance on the way to the coast stop be crater lake in south centeral Or. once you are at the coast visit the dunes in Florance or coos-bay. one of them has Dune-buggy rides that are a blast.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:34 PM  

Eugene, Oregon
we got a voodoo down here now.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:42 AM  

What part of the coast are you going to? On the North Coast, Tillamook has cheese factories, Manzanita is a nice quiet town to visit, Seaside is more of a tourist town, and Astoria has a lot of history.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:17 AM  
The boss

Hillsboro, OR
I would agree with Tillamook and Manzanita being the better spots up here on my north side of the coast, but if you head down further, Lincoln City is beautiful and Newport is home to the Rogue brewery. If you like beer and good food that is.
Cheers
Old 10-02-2010, 01:02 AM  

True, they are nice places. I also like Depoe Bay.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:46 PM  

Salem, OR
Don't fail to visit and explore the Newport area. Lots to do and see there.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:25 PM  

Eagle Creek, Oregon
I'd say depot bay, the newport aquarium, there are a few wineries you could visit on the coast that are heavily signed, and seaside is fun for the kids.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:30 PM  

Milton-Freewater, OR
Don't forget the Rippley's Believe it or Not museum in Newport. That one is fun for the kids and adults... the first time... :-)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads