Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-13-2010, 07:35 PM  

Sonora, California
Awesome flyfishing for steelhead and trout on the Deschutes river. I was there last month. Beautiful wilderness and clean air. The climate is extremely diverse with lush forests, coast (which is the most beautiful in the country IMO), high desert, rainforest, huge mountains and valleys, lakes, rivers, etc.

ETA: And like others have said. BEER! When I was visiting my brother who lives in Corvallis we hit up 3 brewpubs within a few blocks or each other. Block 15, Flat Top, and McMenamins, all great and right by the Willamette River.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:12 AM  

Salem, Oregon
Oregon has deserts, snow skiing, beaches and rain forests all within a couple hours drive from each other. What more reason could you ask for??

Old 10-15-2010, 04:20 PM  

Eugene, Oregon
Do you like the coast? Do you like the high desert? Do you like rain-forest? Do you like to Ski? Do you like to hike? Do you like to hunt? Do like to fish? Do you like wine? Do you like beer?

We have it all and then some...come on out for a visit!

and it is pronounced 'Orygun'
Old 10-15-2010, 06:30 PM  

Hackensack,NJ, New Jersey
Here's a good one

Hello, Go to the Devil's Churn". An exceptionally cool lava field with the best attribute I can think of. Just go there; it's on the coast so it's not out of your way. Kira ps This one you'll thank me for. I post only the best. K
Old 10-15-2010, 09:16 PM  
Dweller

Oregon City, Oregon
Wine. For the adults of course. Not to mention, with in a couple hours of Portland, you can be in any type of climate you like. Mountains, forests, river, ocean, dry plains. Take your pick and go and be back by bedtime.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:32 AM  

Here are awesome reasons to come to Portland! Enjoy!

Old 10-19-2010, 06:52 AM  

Atlanta, Georgia
Hiking the Three Sisters wilderness area is unlike any other place I've been. It's other-worldly, and majestic in its beauty.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:44 AM  

Edgewood, New Mexico
Oregon

Its been a long time since i've been thru Oregon. But i actually grew up there, in the springfield/eugene area.

I miss the mountains, lakes and rivers mostly i suppose.

Downtown Eugene was awsome too, 5th street market was alot of fun!

We used to go to the beach over in Newport alot, had some great dunes out there.

I remember east Oregon being a desert, but we only got out there a few times.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:31 PM  

springfield, or
most important reason to visit oregon... Clearly the rivers! The rivers are beautiful here, and the kayaking are amazing!
Old 10-21-2010, 04:51 PM  

astoria, oregon
History

Oregon has history on its side for one reason. Here in Astoria, local town of Warrenton and across the river in Illwaco washington we have Lewis and clark info coming out of our ears.
While your here in Astoria you could catch Shanghied in Astoria. A local theater show you cant miss based on The history of folks being Shanghied from here back in the day. There is also the Ft Stevens state park and WWII bunkers close by as well as plenty of beach for everyone.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.