Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2010, 03:02 PM  

Marysville, WA
Oregon: Two Words- Micro Breweries

yes come to Oregon for the beer, stay for the cheese. they also have an air museum with the famous "Spruce Goose" built by Howard Hughes. it only flew one time.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:35 AM  

Portland, Oregon
I recommend ordering a copy of Ralph Friedman's book Tracking Down Oregon from Powell Books and reading it. It is no wonder that the vehicles I choose to explore Oregon are from the same era as Ralph's writing. I also recommend his book The Other Side of Oregon and William Sullivan's book Hiking Oregon's History.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:10 PM  
Beard Master

Vancouver, Washington
Reasons to visit Oregon?

It's beautiful here. Portland is a great city, really fun to walk around and there are so many things to do.

An hour away from beautiful mountains or the beach. Clean air, and a great place to live. Plus we've got GREAT food.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:09 PM  

Portland, OR
It really is an amazing state. I've lived here for about 15 years and still have yet to explore most of it. Eastern OR is still a huge mystery to me, but the Steens and Wallowas are beautiful.

To me Portland is the best deal for a major city on the West Coast. Great food, music, culture - it really has it all.

However my favorite place in the state is the Metolius River - it is spectacular.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:50 PM  

Oregon
the beaches of southern oregon are spectacular. you may see one or two other people. if you see three it's crowded. try that in california!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:29 AM  

The number one tourist stop would likely be Crater Lake (it's on the quarter, for Pete's sake) but there is also Southern Oregon's wine country (Applegate valley area) and all the other areas that have been mentioned already. I have lived here for 24 years and still haven't seen all of it. There are a lot of things to see/do, but it all depends on you interests.

s1xty7
Old 01-16-2011, 08:36 PM  
***** Builder

Bend, Oregon
Just hit this link for Visit Bend, Oregon even if all you do is take a minute to watch the pictures that slideshow on the main page. We are a the Hub of Central Oregon.

http://www.visitbend.com/
Old 01-16-2011, 08:36 PM  
***** Builder

Bend, Oregon
Bend Oregon Visitor Bureau for Hotels, Lodging or Restaurants
Old 01-22-2011, 08:27 AM  

Edgewood, New Mexico
Later on this year we will be driving from NM down to Cali, up thru Oregon, and then Washington, over to Utah then back home.

While in Oregon i hope to show my wife the beautiful area of Eugene (downtown etc) maybe head over to the coast if we have time, i love there.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:39 PM  

Coquille, Oregon
You may be looking at a once in a life time chance. Or not?
Drive up the coast on hwy 101, Through the Cal. redwoods etc. Then over to Eugene from somewhere north of Coos Bay. Reedsport hwy38, the drive along the Umpqua river is fantastic. There is an Elk reserve along the river journey, just outside the town of Reedsport or take Florence hwy 126, I think its boring by comparison.
The interstates and cities will be there any time.
I visited this state for the first time in 1974. In 1976 after building a trailer, left with with my wife and two children in the front of a 1972 3/4ton 2wd pickup {I-80 was not yet complete} leaving behind what did not fit, Left my prospering carrier to move here from NYC. Never had a need for the money of the friends left behind.
I lived a life of self sufficiency and enjoyed every minute since.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.