Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Orlando
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2010, 04:30 PM  
MrJ

orlando, florida
good camping

any good camping spots in the national forest anyone knows about? it's that time of year...

Old 12-18-2010, 06:33 AM  

Gainesville, Florida
What national forest are you talking about? Although I haven't camped there yet, I know there are plenty of places to camp in the Ocala NF. I'd also check out Welcome to Florida State Parks to see some of the state parks.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:59 PM  
MrJ

orlando, florida
the state parks here blow for camping unless it's lake kissimmee. im talkin about ocala or osceola NF, but it's hutning season right now...
Old 12-19-2010, 06:27 AM  

Gainesville, Florida
If you like to be by the water, there are a few nice state parks in the St. Augustine and one in Ormond Beach. As soon as it warms up a bit and hunting season ends, I'll probably try to take the Jeep to Ocala NF and camp for a few days.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:24 PM  
MrJ

orlando, florida
yeah, anastasia in st aug is chill....let me know, i've got some sick spots in ocala. are you on jeepforum? if you are, im MrJ. let me know, bc the lady and i are always down to wander...
Old 12-20-2010, 05:47 AM  

Gainesville, Florida
I'm on there as "joshua.craft@ff" and I can't change my screen name. I'm going to email one of the moderators to see if I can have it changed. I never really post over there because I really don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to Jeeps. I have a stock '05 Wrangler and am looking to make some mods in the future, but nothing too serious.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:48 AM  
MrJ

orlando, florida
that's the best place to learn and get help man. check it out
Old 12-23-2010, 08:42 AM  

Orlando, Florida
There is a nice family camp ground in Chuluota we used to go to with the boyscouts. I think it is off Lake Picket.

Also a nice campground is Moss Park in Orlando.

There are some good campgrounds in the Ocala Nat. Forest, but it has been years and I don't remember the names. like posted above, check the forest svc. web site, and state of fl. web sites.

Wekiva Springs has a nice camp ground as well as Kelly Park near Apopka.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:09 PM  

Orlando, FL
Alexander Springs

In the Ocala National Forest is really nice. Might wanna wait until hunting season is over in January.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:03 PM  

Melbourne, Florida
Blue Springs is just north of Sanford and has a pretty nice campground.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Orlando
Bookmark this Page!