Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Orlando
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-28-2010, 11:18 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Homeowners looking to relocate

hey all,
Ive been thinking about relocating to the either the Kissimmee area or maybe even Tampa/St. Pete.
But talking to a buddy that lives in the Tampa area, he suggested I check into homeowners Ins. before hand, saying that some of the Ins. co. have left the area.
So Im looking for any thoughts, ideas or suggestions when it comes to ins. Im sure flood ins. would be exspensive if even possible, what ins. companies are you guys using ? dont need to know your premiums, dont want to get personal, lol

I will be calling my ins. co and see what they say, maybe pick a name in the area and call them see whats up, lol

Thankx for any thought or ideas

Old 11-30-2010, 06:33 AM  

Florida
I think my grandparents use Statefarm for insurance. Not too sure on that, but it would probably be best to try and find a list of companies, ratings, etc, on google. Calling 'em up would probably give you more of an idea of who you're dealing with too.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:15 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
thats what I started doing, but without an address they say that cant give me much info, so they say, lol

Im thinking its more since they aint making a sale right now, they dont want to take the time, lol
Old 12-18-2010, 06:35 AM  

Gainesville, Florida
Check Florida Farm Bureau. They are a great insurance company that offers good rates and great service. I believe they are still "A" rated by AM Best (insurance rating company).
Old 12-19-2010, 10:42 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
nice, thank you for the heads up
Old 12-23-2010, 04:27 PM  

Orlando, FL
Homeowners insurance in Florida

Most of the coastal areas you have to use the Citizens which is run by the state. Many carriers have cut back there policies dramatically or left the state completely. All insureds are surcharged each year to support Citizens. Taxation with benefit, yea I hear you screaming all the way from Denver. Don't know your reasons for moving but the overall quality of life is far better in Denver than Orlando or most major areas in Florida for that matter. Car and homeowners insurance is very expensive here compared to most other states. They say 40% of the drivers carry no insurance. I know of numerous people who have been hit and the other vehicle runs from the seen. Just happened to my daughter two weeks ago.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:28 AM  

Space Coast, FL
Check out AAA as in auto club for insurance. I just switched and save a bunch. Had Hartford and Travelers but I kept same coverages and seriously saved some cash. I have a friend that is an Agent. PM if you would like her #.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:53 AM  

orlando, fl
+1 on the AAA fk statefarm they doubled my home owners ins rate and never had a claim.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Orlando
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.