Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Orlando
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-10-2010, 06:07 AM  

Merritt Island, Florida
Kenansville, Florida

Anyone on this site live there? I drove through recently and fell in "like" with it. I know it is remote, and that is what I liked about it. Met several nice people there.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:50 PM  

Vero Beach, Florida
As a child cracker, we always wanted to fish there for the shellcrackers!

Old 11-27-2010, 05:37 PM  

Florida
If you're in the area, Little Lake Harris has some good fishing too. Yahala is a bit "remote."

I don't know too much about that area though. Always heard there was some good fishing though.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:12 PM  

Hineys City, Fl
A lot of people are related there. About 7 generations worth. Just ask uncle grandpa. They seem to have their own language too. I cant understand them.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:33 PM  

Orlando, FL
Ranches

It's all large cattle ranches. Very difficult to relocate to this area and create any kind of life style. It is nice though. I have spent some time in the area outdoors and really enjoyed the area.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:25 PM  

Merritt Island, Florida
Remote is a beautiful thing...

I especially liked that on the southern tier of "town" (used loosely, of course), one can travel southeasterly (from US441) along a hardpacked dirt road (apparently maintained by the county) and be in No-Man's Land. About ten miles down he road there was a community, of sorts, just inside of Brevard County, but not accessable from Brevard (except by helicopter).

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Orlando
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.