Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Orlando
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2010, 11:59 AM  

outdoor gun ranges

well, there is an indoor range thread, so I thought I'd ask about outdoor, as this is how I prefer to shoot.
I like to be able to shoot and move and work different shooting positions, shoot from around cover, etc....along with work from the holster or rifle sling and reloads, etc.

anyone know any ranges around that offer that?

I'm in deltona

Old 11-23-2010, 05:46 PM  

Vero Beach, Florida
Me too. Out county range only allows sanding in the box and shooting slowwwww.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:40 PM  
njo

Orlando, Florida
There is Tenoroc off of I-4 near Lakeland, outdoor, all calibers Tenoroc Shooting Sports > Home
Old 12-06-2010, 06:13 PM  

Anderson, SC
Is there anywhere near Winter Park? I know it's more cityfied, but I thought I'd ask.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:47 AM  

Campbellsville, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbatson View Post
well, there is an indoor range thread, so I thought I'd ask about outdoor, as this is how I prefer to shoot.
I like to be able to shoot and move and work different shooting positions, shoot from around cover, etc....along with work from the holster or rifle sling and reloads, etc.

anyone know any ranges around that offer that?

I'm in deltona
very few ranges are going to let you holster a loaded handgun, move around while shooting, or any other tactical forms in general, and for good reason. If you want to do this type of shooting, try participating in laid back local practical/tactical type matches.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:50 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
very few ranges are going to let you holster a loaded handgun, move around while shooting, or any other tactical forms in general, and for good reason. If you want to do this type of shooting, try participating in laid back local practical/tactical type matches.
I already compete in tactical shooting events like 3 gun and IDPA, etc.
However, it is difficult to actually practice for such an event when all you are allowed to do at these outdoor ranges is stand in a box and shoot slow.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:34 PM  
MrJ

orlando, florida
there's an outdoor county range in daytona next to the police range. cant remember the name tho. check volusia county website
Old 12-21-2010, 10:51 PM  

Gainesville, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDunagans View Post
Is there anywhere near Winter Park? I know it's more cityfied, but I thought I'd ask.
Head out to Oviedo, there is a huge gun club/range out there. I think they recently removed the sporting clays section because of environmental concerns which is bs because the range is a mile from the dump.... Other than that there are about 5 different shooting lines and it's a pretty nice setup. I don't remember the name but I do know you need to be a member....
Old 12-28-2010, 01:29 PM  

Orlando, FL
There's a club range near Moss Park next to the SWAT range in Orlando. May be what you are looking for
Old 12-30-2010, 08:17 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by th767 View Post
There's a club range near Moss Park next to the SWAT range in Orlando. May be what you are looking for
yes, and they do have action pistol ranges...this is where I have gone for 3 gun competitions.
However, it is about an hour south of my deltona house.

I did find volusia county gun club of hwy 44, near the fairgrounds...and they allow action shooting.
Volusia County Gun & Hunt Club | Gun Club | Pistol Range

300 a yr is kinda pricey

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Orlando
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.