Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Orlando
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-03-2011, 09:50 PM  

Orlando, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by crouchingwombat View Post
Head out to Oviedo, there is a huge gun club/range out there. I think they recently removed the sporting clays section because of environmental concerns which is bs because the range is a mile from the dump.... Other than that there are about 5 different shooting lines and it's a pretty nice setup. I don't remember the name but I do know you need to be a member....
Thanks for that info, I will have to look into that.
I am having a hard time finding a place near Oviedo that I can take my shotgun and let loose.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:49 PM  

Orlando, FL
it might not be what your looking for, but there is an outdoor range in Ocala NF that i've been going to for years. you won't be able to do the things you want, but its free and i like it a lot. will get crowded on weekends, though.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:39 PM  

Casselberry, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by crouchingwombat View Post
Head out to Oviedo, there is a huge gun club/range out there. I think they recently removed the sporting clays section because of environmental concerns which is bs because the range is a mile from the dump.... Other than that there are about 5 different shooting lines and it's a pretty nice setup. I don't remember the name but I do know you need to be a member....
if this is the one i am thinking of there is a load of rules you have to follow, you have to be a member for everyday but thur. i think. however I talk to the people that run it they seem like great people, but i highly doubt you will be able move around with a loaded hand gun in the hostler
Old 01-18-2011, 09:22 PM  

any where that is free to shoot clays?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:20 AM  

Orlando, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by vballspen View Post
any where that is free to shoot clays?
again, the one in Ocala NF has about 8 lanes for shooting rifles/handguns, and over to the right there is an area to shoot clays (bring your own) or target practice w/ a shotgun.

i can give you GPS coords if interested.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:58 AM  

Campbellsville, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimja View Post
if this is the one i am thinking of there is a load of rules you have to follow, you have to be a member for everyday but thur. i think. however I talk to the people that run it they seem like great people, but i highly doubt you will be able move around with a loaded hand gun in the hostler
unfortunately they had to crack down on the rules because of complaints and also idiots goin out there not followin basic gun safety rules. it's not as fun to shoot there now but the range officers are nice (except one or two).

thurs nights are clays too.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:12 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by th767 View Post
There's a club range near Moss Park next to the SWAT range in Orlando. May be what you are looking for
That's the Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club - CFRPC-Welcome

Nice place. I used to be a member but let my membership lapse. I need to rejoin.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:36 PM  

Port Orange, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ View Post
there's an outdoor county range in daytona next to the police range. cant remember the name tho. check volusia county website
It's called Strickland Range... no holstering, rapid-fire, etc. allowed.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Orlando
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.