Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Orlando
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2011, 05:23 AM  

Universal

I will be in Orlando soon, goin to Universal to see the new HP stuff. Anyone have any tips?

Old 02-25-2011, 12:32 PM  

Orlando, Florida
Get there early, that place gets mobbed.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:34 AM  

Orlando, FL
I know they used to offer hotel guests at the Loews Portofino, Hard Rock and Royal Pacific hotels early entry to the parks and also some kind of VIP pass to expedite the lines. It might almost be worth the extra hundred bucks for the room (compared to other local hotels) to get the perks, if your budget can swing it.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:43 AM  

We just got back from a week in Orlando march 9-17. had an amazing time. We satyed at portofino bay and it was well worth the money. Our sone did not even want to go to Disney, just Uni. And then he only wanted to go to islands. We spent most time at HP which is amazing . I was charmed and have not read the books but we are big anglofiles. Stay at one of the universal hotels, get the express pass and get in the park an hour early. Go directly to HP . Do Hogwarts castle first, then get your wands, etc before the crowds. We bought over 200 dollars easy . T shirts, wand, hat and scarf, other stuff. I also rented a scooter which was a life saver. get one with a canopy. We spent 2 days in park from 7 until 5 and two other half days. I rented scooter on the full days. I had a comfy seat, in shade, place to put our stuff. You can park them outside any attraction, ride or eatery. You can also take them to City walk. the food in parks is bad at the walk up counters. We ate in city walk. Love Hard rock cafe. the whole Hogsmeade is charming except ofr Hulk, we spent most of our time in park at HP. The looks on people's faces when they see the castle is worth it. Little kids running around in cloaks, so sweet. the HP was worth the price of admission. They could make this twice as big and it would still be packed. We had breakfast at The Trheebroomsticks which we did after doing the castel on the first day. my son says the whole thing is very authentic to the books. he was impressed and that says something. The Honeydukes shop was sweet !

Go , spare no expenses and make a memory of a life time.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:45 AM  

Just saw how old your post was. hope you had as good as time as we did.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Orlando
Bookmark this Page!