Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2010, 12:39 AM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
You will love the M&P. I did mine, except for the fact that it was chambered in 5.45X39
PITA to find around here after a while. I sold it. I want to get another later that is 5.56.
The .22 conversion is really nice because you can work on trigger discipline without burning up expensive ammo. I'd suggest getting one.
Outside of that, I had a folding vert grip and a good sling with a T dot sight, not a scope. Unless yours has a DM barrel on it, I wouldn't bother with anything over 4X. Have a good bolt action rifle for that.
This is what it looked like except for the grip.

And with the grip. I did have a light on it for a while, but switched it out to my 870.

Right now I have a DPMS Panther lite that is just as plain jane as can be. I even ditched the adjustable stock for a fixed. It weighs like 6lbs with a full mag.
This was before I switched out the stock.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:08 AM  

sharana, afghanistan
deep, thanks for the info. only issue is PB is blocked on govt computers

Old 11-11-2010, 01:14 PM  

Valencia, California
Ahhh, that funny photo of Paul Kim with all of the lights shows up on yet another internet sight! He was the former VP of engineering at Surefire, where I currently work.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:53 PM  

Paron, Arkansas
I know it is not an M4. However, I think a suppressor is great and the brass catcher is as handy as a shirt pocket.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:45 PM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharps_74 View Post
I know it is not an M4. However, I think a suppressor is great and the brass catcher is as handy as a shirt pocket.

OK, yeah, a brass catcher is a useful item. I'll give you that. And they're cheap. A suppressor...isn't cheap and doesn't suppress much unless you hand-load subsonic .223 or buy subsonic 5.56. And you need a Class III license for a suppressor. And they're still banned in bass-ackward states like New York.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:00 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
But it does look mean as hell.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:39 AM  

sharana, afghanistan
that one almost looks like the golfball launcher
Old 12-09-2010, 01:58 PM  

Paron, Arkansas
Suppressors are not too hard to get or build legally. I load my own 55gr. bullets and even though they are moving at about 3300FPS the noise is about like the crack of a .22 from close up. You do not need a class 3 license unless you sell them. And depending on whether you buy or build will tell you what form you put it on.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:00 PM  

San Diego, CA
I have a M&P lower that I assembled and it is great. Adjustable stocks are useful for different shooting positions. I just use iron sights for now because I'd like to enter an NRA match. Free floating handguards are good even if you don't mount anything on them because of the increased accuracy they bring. A brass catcher or deflector is a good idea because the brass really tends to fly. A chamber safety flag is good for ranges.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:04 PM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharps_74 View Post
Suppressors are not too hard to get or build legally. You do not need a class 3 license unless you sell them. And depending on whether you buy or build will tell you what form you put it on.
It is my understanding that you absolutely may not build any Class III device whether you intend to sell it or not. If I'm mistaken, can you please point me to the law, code or statute that says it's OK for an individual to build their own Class III device if they intend to use it themselves and never sell it or give it away?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.