Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-01-2011, 09:07 PM  

Kent, Ohio
My collection is pretty small - I got started late and have only been at this about a year now. My Glock 26 carry is my favorite pistol, but I've got to agree with Gpowell93 and go with my shotgun, an 870.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:14 PM  

Here is a pic of my favorite(s), but it soon may change since I just bit the bullet for an AR-15. I get it next week!
Gun Owners-gun-collection-003.jpg 

Old 02-01-2011, 09:20 PM  
Traveler

What did you get Hav? I have a Bushmaster. Still like my AKs better though.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:22 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
My collection is pretty small - I got started late and have only been at this about a year now. My Glock 26 carry is my favorite pistol, but I've got to agree with Gpowell93 and go with my shotgun, an 870.
I love the sound of my 870 police when you chuck in a round. Very convincing and satisfying sound that says, Don't.....with me!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:25 PM  

I ordered the Stag Arms .223, left handed, 16" barrel.
Gun Owners-model-2tl.gif 

Old 02-01-2011, 09:28 PM  
Traveler

Nice! Mine was bought in the day when you couln't have threads on the end of the barrel. They thought you'd go and put a flash hider on there or something. Still trying to figure a way to remodel mine. Darn it.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:12 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
What did you get Hav? I have a Bushmaster. Still like my AKs better though.
I too have a Bushmaster.... And I also prefer my AK. It seems more fun to shoot. The AR sure is more accurate though.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:38 AM  

My favorite carry is a Ruger LCR 38. Very lightweight and recoil not bad. Very accurate.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:22 PM  

Quote:
Nice! Mine was bought in the day when you couldn't have threads on the end of the barrel. They thought you'd go and put a flash hider on there or something. Still trying to figure a way to remodel mine. Darn it.
Provided your barrel is chromoly and not fully chromed, the tip can be sawed off and re-threaded pretty cheaply. Most gunsmiths can do this quickly if you choose to leave it to a professional.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:28 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishwoman View Post
My favorite carry is a Ruger LCR 38. Very lightweight and recoil not bad. Very accurate.
I've got the LCR in .357. I think the LCR .38 is aluminum and polymer framed to bring the weight down; the LCR .357 is steel and polymer, thus heavier. I agree on the recoil - with .38spl, it's easily manageable, and even with .357, it's easy to control. The Hogue grip puts a thick gel pad between you and the frame. Accuracy, on the other hand... it's a snub-nosed revolver, and "hammerless" DAO at that. It's accurate enough, but if you actually need to use the sights, it's the wrong gun for the job. That said, I recently replaced the front ramp with a fiber optic dot. Haven't had a chance to shoot with the new sight, but it definitely points faster.

Quote:
I love the sound of my 870 police when you chuck in a round. Very convincing and satisfying sound that says, Don't.....with me!
Yep! Can't beat the pants-wetting factor. The only thing scarier than hearing that "shuck-shuck" is the muzzle blast itself. :-)

Personally, I love the versatility of a 12ga, in that you can use the same gun to bag anything from dove to elk. A full load of buckshot in an 870 is roughly equivalent to a brick of pistol ammunition, making it an exceptionally great teaching aid for instructing bad guys on the fine art of collapsing in a bloody heap on the floor.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads