Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2011, 10:31 PM  

Great looking wheel gun! I presume it is single action only?

Old 02-18-2011, 03:46 AM  

Boston, MA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Great looking wheel gun! I presume it is single action only?
Actually it's a double action, although I mainly shoot it single for the short trigger pull. It's a pretty accurate shooter and doesn't empty my wallet to fire all morning at the gun club. Take care....

Old 02-18-2011, 09:05 AM  

Shuswap, BC
My springfield .45 1911, and my Sako .300 mag hunting rifle.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:18 AM  

I love all my guns, but I have the most fun with my Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44 Mag. It will shot so many different loads with no problems. I have a number of different grips but the Stag grips are the best looking.
Gun Owners-my-rig.jpg 

Old 02-25-2011, 08:41 AM  

Kalispell, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpowell93 View Post
I realize that y'all are into pistols but a shotgun without a plug is the way to go.
I like shotguns too.......but kind of hard to conceal a shotgun for daily carry.....
Old 10-23-2011, 04:46 PM  

Manning, Iowa
Here's what I think !

I love my Remington 1100 magnum 12 gauge !
Old 10-23-2011, 07:07 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
I love my Remington 1100 magnum 12 gauge !
I've gotta tell my kids to ask Santa to get me one of those. I'm a little big to get on the old guy's lap.

Gave my 870 a workout this weekend. My 9-year-old ran his 10/22 through its paces. A good day was had by all.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:32 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
I've gotta tell my kids to ask Santa to get me one of those. I'm a little big to get on the old guy's lap.

Gave my 870 a workout this weekend. My 9-year-old ran his 10/22 through its paces. A good day was had by all.
I've been looking at the 870's and the Bennelli Novas. Does your 870 have changeable chokes? Would you buy another one if you were in the market?
Old 10-23-2011, 08:56 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
I've been looking at the 870's and the Bennelli Novas. Does your 870 have changeable chokes? Would you buy another one if you were in the market?
I've got this, the cheap one:
Pump Action Shotgun - Model 870 Express Combos - Remington Shotguns

870 Express, laminated wood stock, 12ga, 26" shot barrel, modified "Rem Choke" tube, 20" rifled slug barrel. I paid just under $400 for the set about 2 years ago. I think other choke tubes are under $20.

My adult shotgunning career is limited to a few pump action models - Remington 870 and 887, Mossburg 500 - any of which I'd be glad to own. The only shotgun I have right now is the 870. I've never handled a Bennelli Nova.

Having one already, I wouldn't buy another. If I didn't have one, yes. I'm thinking about getting a hinged single or over/under, and an autoloader.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:08 AM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Having one already, I wouldn't buy another. If I didn't have one, yes. I'm thinking about getting a hinged single or over/under, and an autoloader.
I had a Ruger O/U for a while, really nice gun. Sold it to a friend of mine and he still has it. Every time we go rabbit hunting I kick myself in the rear quarter panel. I think if you get one you will really like it.

I think my favorite gun is a Franchi, 20 GA semi-auto, with the engravings on the receiver that my wife bought me for my 50th b'day. It's an older model and in really good shape. It's my Quail/Pheasant standby, nice feel, light and easy to carry in the field. It shoots a lot better than the operator, thats for sure. I love to go upland bird hunting and watch the dogs work. It's amazing how they can see and smell them things, just wish there were more places around here to do it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Bookmark this Page!