Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2011, 07:11 AM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
I've gotta tell my kids to ask Santa to get me one of those. I'm a little big to get on the old guy's lap.

Gave my 870 a workout this weekend. My 9-year-old ran his 10/22 through its paces. A good day was had by all.
Good for you, it's great to see young people get involved in sporting activities and safe operation of firearms.

Congrats to both of you!

Old 10-24-2011, 12:29 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
Good for you, it's great to see young people get involved in sporting activities and safe operation of firearms.

Congrats to both of you!
Thank you! He had a hell of a lot of fun, and I was proud to see him put his safety training to work. He was asking permission and checking actions before touching any guns, keeping his finger off the trigger, keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. This was his second range trip and his safe handling was excellent, despite minimal handling instructions. Future trips, we'll focus on marksmanship issues.

My youngest was able to teach you how to clear, field strip, clean, reassemble, and function test a glock pistol before she started kindergarten (although obviously she wasn't strong enough to do it herself).

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Bookmark this Page!