Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2016, 11:19 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post
You may like to visit these sites and share your experience....lots of these folks are looking for it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1632860807041667/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ftrving/

Feel Free to pass it on.....
I do not have a facebook account nor do i want one. I know who my friends are.... plus a few of my enemies. Prefer to keep it that way. If facebook depended on me for a living they would have been bankrupt a long time ago....

Old 09-13-2016, 04:39 AM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyeagle View Post
Feel Free to pass it on.....
I do not have a facebook account nor do i want one. I know who my friends are.... plus a few of my enemies. Prefer to keep it that way. If facebook depended on me for a living they would have been bankrupt a long time ago....
I thought I was the only one who didn't do the facebook thing, I'm feeling better today knowing I'm not alone...

The reason I'm looking at trailers is I already have a F-350 diesel pickup and when we go somewhere, we could unhook and have a vehicle to go explore in without having to tow a vehicle. There's a campground not far from our deer lease on Kentucky Lake I could leave it at and travel to and from Nashville on hunt days. My big decision is getting a bunk house or, getting one with a living area/seating. Craigslist has been my shopping friend lately.

Old 09-13-2016, 02:45 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
I thought I was the only one who didn't do the facebook thing, I'm feeling better today knowing I'm not alone...

The reason I'm looking at trailers is I already have a F-350 diesel pickup and when we go somewhere, we could unhook and have a vehicle to go explore in without having to tow a vehicle. There's a campground not far from our deer lease on Kentucky Lake I could leave it at and travel to and from Nashville on hunt days. My big decision is getting a bunk house or, getting one with a living area/seating. Craigslist has been my shopping friend lately.
Well.......
While Craigslist is a good starting point you might want to check out PPL Motorhomes in Texas.... I drove out the in my 05 Ram diesel dually and came back with a 40ft diesel pusher. My wife drove my truck and I drove the DP.
PPL has a lot of consignments. I purchased a DP that booked for over $84,000 for $46,000. Well worth the drive out there. You can check their inventory out online at ...

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used_rvs_for_sale.htm

Good prices, and some good deals can be had. I think all if not most of their inventory is consignments.
While the bunk house will have room for the grand kids..... It leaves something to be desired while out at the campground. I prefer the living area with the grand kids sleeping on the couch and dining table that drops down into a bed. They are not always with us... and Cheers
Old 09-14-2016, 08:49 AM  

Nashville, TN
Pretty much ruled out the bunk house. Prefer rear living area with dinette that makes a bed. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:41 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
2007 Newmar Cypress 33 RLSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
Pretty much ruled out the bunk house. Prefer rear living area with dinette that makes a bed. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
Here's a quality built unit to help with some ideas......has a Polar Package, which means it would be well insulated, etc....it's a repo. so you could make an offer......can't tell how much you could save.

http://www.commonwealthrv.com/2007-c...fth-wheel.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 09-14-2016, 12:55 PM  

I don't want to sound negative here but!!! However comma,
A 36 footer, with triple slide outs is a lot of weight for only two (2) axles. Axles are 7000 lbs per axle. Total gross weight 14000 lbs. 5'ers with only two axles are prone to blowouts. I know from experience. I "had" a 35 footer triple slide, ended up purchasing two sets of tires in just under a 2 year period. Weight on my 5er was under gross weight GVWR. But had blowouts anyway. no fun trying to change a flat on a 5er on the side on the interstate.
Please do your home work online, Rv forums and talk to other 5er owners before you make any decisions.
You will notice there are more 5er's for sale at PPL than any other camper.... there is a reason..
I loved my 5er after I got it parked, set up etc but it was always a PITB...
Old 09-14-2016, 05:23 PM  

More ammo / info vs 5th wheels.....
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/f...print/true.cfm

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/5thwhee...l-trailers.php

SHOP around!!! FYI

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Bookmark this Page!