Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-02-2011, 09:17 PM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
Looking for PWC advise,

I live on a lake, already own a few small boats that I rarely use and am now interested in getting a 3 person wave runner to tow my kids on a tube etc.. I'm looking to go on the cheap with this one, just wont see enough use to justify spending more than a couple grand on an older model,,

Looking for recommendations for brands and models that are good/serviceable or bad/problematic from the late 90's and up.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:30 PM  

Make sure it is a 4 stroke. Most lakes are outlawing the 2 stroke models, if they haven't already. I had a few sea doo's, and are great, but running two of them costs just as much gas as my powerboat does.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:19 AM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
Thanks Havasu,great point, I will look into that for sure,, I don't believe any such restrictions exist yet on Lake Ontario but this is the nanny state of NY so I wouldn't be surprised..

So far I see several 2 strokes in the local CL. Oil injection seems to be the norm, easier than mixing but evidently the pumps are failure prone.. If nothing else I think I want 4 stroke based on noise level alone... but I suspect if legal I will get stuck with a 2 stroke based on the age and price I am willing to fork out.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:44 PM  

Many lakes in Arizona and California have already outlawed the 2 strokes, causing the prices on them to fall drastically.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.