Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2010, 07:41 PM  

Harrisburg, PA
I'm a brewer and just recently bought one of those bucket 6 gallons of juice wine kits to make some italian pinot grigio. If that kit goes well I'll make a batch of amarone which is $40-$50 for a cheap bottle. So I figure if I can make a half decent amarone for $100-$120 a batch of 30ish bottles then I'm a happy guy.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:04 AM  

Sergeantsville, New Jersey
Going to be about 30 people in my little house for Thanksgiving.
Most of them coming for the beer.

And my wife's cooking.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:32 AM  

Blue Bell, PA
i've been brewing for about 2 years. havent been able to do it in a while since i broke my leg a few weeks ago.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:25 PM  

Frederick, Maryland
Any of you within a decent drive of the Baltimore area may want to check out the MD Homebrew group on Homebrewtalk.com . Our next get together is Dec 7 I think, we have a few folks from PA that join us, it's really a PA, MD, NJ, Delaware get together.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:48 PM  

York, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by labpaws View Post
I have never done any meades..they can br dry or sweet i do know. Hard to find commercial mead to buy, but some places sell it. Maybe ask a local homebrew store, i know the one i go to sometimes has some of his to sample
A number of local vinyards make mead. For example, Mt Hope (where they have the PA Renaissance Fair) makes and sells their own. They carry a sweet honey mead, as well several "honey wines", fruit wines mixed with honey mead.

I've also seen some local meads on occassion in the State Wine and Liquor stores, in the Pennsylvania section.

BTW, I have no affiliation with Mt Hope; I'm just a customer there! :-)
Old 11-16-2010, 03:56 PM  

York, PA
I've been homebrewing about 4 years now. I live southeast of York, near Red Lion.

My favorite is an American Cream Ale. I also regularly brew a strong Holiday spiced ale, a Bock, and occasionally an Octoberfest. I enjoy having the ability to tailor a recipe to taste. Friends seem to like them too. The best reason - IT'S FUN!
Old 11-16-2010, 05:59 PM  

i have been brewing for about a year now. about 5 months ago i started all grain brewing
Old 11-17-2010, 08:27 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
I'm a home brewer living in South Philadelphia. Been brewing for a little while now, with a fair amount of brews under my belt. It's a very fun hobby, but once you get started it becomes an addiction! I've been upgrading my equipment lately and hope to do bigger batches before too long. Some favorites among my friends and I that I've brewed are my honey pale ale, vanilla bourbon porter and a bock beer. It's a lot of fun to throw random twists on traditional recipes and see what you can come up with.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:11 AM  

Fredneck, MD
I got my start with a Mr. Beer of all things. Used that for a year or two, then bought "real" equipment. Though I've only done extract up until now, I'm putting together my parts to move to all grain.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:36 AM  

reading, Pennsylvania
Newbie to brewing

I am a total newbie to brewing, but I just did my first batch which ended up being an all grain batch too boot.

I didn't have the right equipment to do this, but did it anyway. I did a biab with a 5 gallon bucket as my mash tun, mashed for one 140ish then half hour at 155ish. rest went ok as far as the boil and cooling and into bucket fermenter, but my next shot at it should be better I hope.

check out HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community. for good recipes, advice and fun!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads