Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2010, 01:55 PM  

State College, Pennsylvania
I'm just starting out (with AG no less) but have a friend who has been brewing for 20 years. Just finished building my RIMS and will be brewing my first batch this weekend...

Old 12-08-2010, 02:13 PM  

Levittown, Pennsylvania
I'm a "new-brewer"...I have my 1st batch in the middle of primary fermentation.
If there's any brave souls in the Levittown area, I'd love to pss some of the final product in exchange for some critique

Those less brave, I'd still welcome some in-person mentoring on my next batch...I've been reading and watching every bit of instructional material I can get ahold of, but nothing beats live help!

Old 12-09-2010, 02:40 PM  

Ambler, PA
Homebrewer here. Did a few extract batches and I now do all-grain. Only on my 2nd AG batch though, so I'm pretty new.

If anyone knows where I can find a cheap mini-fridge that'll fit a 6.5 gal carboy with airlock, please let me know!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:04 PM  

Levittown, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewThruYou View Post
Homebrewer here. Did a few extract batches and I now do all-grain. Only on my 2nd AG batch though, so I'm pretty new.

If anyone knows where I can find a cheap mini-fridge that'll fit a 6.5 gal carboy with airlock, please let me know!
I've been scouring craigslist, but it seems like every other ad in the for sale/free section is spam
Old 12-11-2010, 08:26 PM  

Philadelphia, pa
I've been brewing since Feb. 2010, so a newbie, and have so far only done extract beer brewing, I guess 4 batches now. Tomorrow starts a nice winter porter (a bit late, but hey). My first batch of mead and second batch of Apple wine was just bottled last weekend: both really easy to make, just do a search on a site like homebrewtalk.com and you'll be on your way. Man that applewine smells good at bottling, but they're generally not very drinkable until they've been sitting for a good year - the longer the better, from what I've read.
Brewing is fun! & tasty!
Old 12-18-2010, 03:19 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
I'm a "new-brewer"...I have my 1st batch in the middle of primary fermentation.
If there's any brave souls in the Levittown area, I'd love to pss some of the final product in exchange for some critique

Those less brave, I'd still welcome some in-person mentoring on my next batch...I've been reading and watching every bit of instructional material I can get ahold of, but nothing beats live help!
send me a PM i will gladley help when i can

fitz
Old 12-20-2010, 01:24 PM  

Pennsylvania
Was homebrewing a lot early in the year. Slowed down a bit because things got too busy. Plan to gear up for a few batches again soon.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:18 AM  

Ambler, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by riteandritual View Post
Man that applewine smells good at bottling, but they're generally not very drinkable until they've been sitting for a good year - the longer the better, from what I've read.
Brewing is fun! & tasty!
I'm glad you mentioned this. I screwed up my apfelwein (not enough dextrose) and I was gonna dump it. It's been maybe 1 month since bottling and it doesn't taste very good. It's not like I need the bottles, so I guess I'll just wait a few more months.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:44 AM  

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebshiff21 View Post
Hello from Skippack, homebrewing for years. Has anyone been to the new-ish hombrew store in Pottstown? I think it's called Weak Knee or something like that.
Howdy neighbor! I'm in Harleysville. I've been homebrewing for about 3 years now. Never been to that store. I go to Keystone in Montgomeryville.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:11 AM  

Reading, Pennsylvania
I'm pretty new to it... I've got my 3rd batch kegged right now. It's my first brew that I made up the recipe... well sort of. I picked the grains and hops I wanted and estimated the ratios. Took the list to Lancaster Homebrew (very friendly, helpful) and the owner there used a software program to refine the ratios. It turned out really good. Ended up somewhere between a dopplebock and ocktoberfest.

Now I need to figure out what to do next. I'm thinking I'll either repeat/ refine that recipe or try a dunkel-wiesse

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Bookmark this Page!