Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2010, 06:52 PM  

Harrisburg, PA
Rausch Creek offers GREAT offroading with camp access (tents/campers)... And as noted above, a ton of great areas in Sullivan County.

My family owns two cabins in the World's End area (one in Hillsgrove and the other in Estella). There are tons of mountain access roads, that will keep you driving through the area all day if you wanted. It's a great area to get away from the normal schedule.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:05 PM  

boone, north carolina
how hard core is rauche creek? i want to take a trip sometime when i get my jeep xj done and im planning on going to centralia and would like to meet with some ppl and go to rouche while im up that way. i dont know how long from now it will be yet but anyway im planning to be running tons before i come up there so i should be good for anything but i live in NC and havent heard too much about rouche.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:21 PM  

Harrisburg, PA
Their trails accommodate anything from stockers to custom hardcore buggies. They just (not just.... but recently) added another 1200~ acres to their land, which is still having trails cut.

Rausch Creek Off Road Park - There are maps and trail info on the site.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:10 PM  

boone, north carolina
awsome. itll definately be a while before i come up there so the new trails should be done by then. college= no money to finish jeep
Old 10-05-2010, 02:42 PM  
Zombies eat brains

Hinesville/ Fort Stewart, Georgia
Rickets Glenn, or anywhere in Pocono's. another good area is Thompsontown/Mifflintown out in central PA north of Harrisburg
Old 10-05-2010, 10:21 PM  

souderton, pa
i camp at the pa grand and it was fun then i heard there are old logging trail you can get a free permit to drive an camp. haven't done it but will have to soon.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:58 PM  

Fogelsville, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
Rausch Creek offers GREAT offroading with camp access (tents/campers)... And as noted above, a ton of great areas in Sullivan County.

My family owns two cabins in the World's End area (one in Hillsgrove and the other in Estella). There are tons of mountain access roads, that will keep you driving through the area all day if you wanted. It's a great area to get away from the normal schedule.
+1 on World's End, loved it up there definately a great getaway.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:07 AM  

York, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckid222 View Post
I have actually heard ricketts glen was really good camping

I have not camped in ricketts glen campground but i have visited the area and park. Very nice area to see
Old 12-21-2010, 12:33 PM  

johnstown, pa
doe valley, windber pa big rubbers 4x4 club land great offroading with camping. we have events to raise money for charities often. bigrubbers4x4.org

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.