Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2010, 08:25 AM  

NY, NY
Moving

I'm seriously thinking about moving to the Chambersburg area when I retire next year. Can anyone here give some in fo on taxes (real estate, schools, etc.), real estate costs (I'm looking for 10 to 20 huntable acres so fairly remote but still has access to electric, phone, etc. if such a thing exists).
Any info at all for Franklin County really would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Jim

Old 09-28-2010, 06:53 AM  

NY, NY
I guess noone is from this area? Oh well, TY anywho.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:55 PM  

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
I'm seriously thinking about moving to the Chambersburg area when I retire next year. Can anyone here give some in fo on taxes (real estate, schools, etc.), real estate costs (I'm looking for 10 to 20 huntable acres so fairly remote but still has access to electric, phone, etc. if such a thing exists).
Any info at all for Franklin County really would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Jim
Any particular reason for the move? Kind of a random spot for a NY'er to end up in retirement....
Old 10-08-2010, 02:22 PM  

Wrightsville, Pennsylvania
All i know about chambersburg is theres a ton of good restaurants. But idk how good compared to NY..
Old 11-05-2010, 08:28 AM  

NY, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by squibload View Post
Any particular reason for the move? Kind of a random spot for a NY'er to end up in retirement....
I love hunting, small town life, more laid back atmosphere. I have 59 acres of land in upstate NY and there is where I feel at home. The taxes in NY are killing me as well. The yearly taxes on the land with no buildings on it are over $3,000. My little 50X100 with a modest Cape Cod style house on LI is over $8,000.
PA and this area of PA seems like a good fit for me.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Bookmark this Page!