Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2010, 11:17 AM  

Broomall, Pennsylvania
Philadelphia Art Museum, Liberty Bell, Check out any Philly sports game while your here, and definitely pick up a cheese steak.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:36 AM  

Boston, MA
Check out Gettysburg. Very historic sights to see, just ask Wikipedia.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:07 PM  

souderton, pa
this should cover most of it!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:47 AM  

erie, pa
i'll give you a few... not as many hippies... beautiful country scenary... pittsburgh and philly... lots of history... oh and almost any sport you want to watch from football to lawn tractor pulls to rock crawling...
Old 10-06-2010, 11:45 AM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
bert01xj That was a very cool/funny video......LMAO
Old 10-06-2010, 01:58 PM  
Its a Jeep thing

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Philadelphia is a wonderful place filled with history. I attend Shippensburg University and Gettysburg is another great town to visit. This state is filled with history and is the foundation for the creation of what we have today.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:50 PM  

Bedias, Texas
I'd give a good reason, but, I moved out of state. Guess there's no reason to visit now.

Bob
Old 10-06-2010, 07:06 PM  

souderton, pa
just shows we are not above laughing at are selfs.oh yeah we also treat each other different then most states like calling are best friend a hole and not being mad at each other just playing around or dumb___ and other things that people not from pa might think is mean.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:48 PM  

Erie, Pa
The beach is cool, and the national forest rocks! Lots of wildlife to see!
Old 10-07-2010, 03:06 AM  

Black Lick, Pa
In Pa if you break down on the side of the road and dont have what you need to fix it you only need to wait a few mins until someone stops to help. Dont take advantage of the locals though because most carry a gun or multiple knives.

If you like food ask the locals (politely) where their favorite diner is and what the specialty is. Back home (Macungie Pa Lehigh County) there are more diners within a 15 mile radius than there are in most counties of other states. Each has a specialty and you will be hard pressed to find anything better. Most common are Pirogies, Rubens, and Apple dumplings.

If you want good 4 wheeling there is Rausch Creek, Rock Run, and soon to come is the Northumberland County OHV park. You can also ask the locals to show you the trails.

I think there are more miles of creeks in this state than most if not all. There is good fishing in all of them. There are also some great farm pond gems hidden all over if you like bass.

Of course you cant forget about beer. Yuengling is my personal favorite beer as well as many others in the state. It is Americas oldest brewery at 181 years old. Most people from out of state either beg me to show them to the nearest beer distributor or have never heard of it.

As far as driving, once your out of the city you are going to love the view and hate the roads themselves. PennDot is always working on roads (no where near as bad as Jersey) but they only seem to make them worse. They redid a railroad crossing back home and now if you hit it over 40 mph you launch your car into the air.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Bookmark this Page!