Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2010, 02:24 AM  

State College, PA
I've stopped in at Otto's and the new place is quite nice, but it seems like they're too busy with the move to really do much brewing. When I've been they've only had maybe 4 or 5 beers on tap. Kind of disappointing in my opinion.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:42 AM  

State College, PA
Penn State!

Went to otto's. Food was good, but menu prices all seemed dramatically higher, much to high for me to go there regularly. They also only had 4 beers available, the doppelbock was decently done, but the rest was not up to expectations. I hope their operations smooth out soon with the beer brewing, as I could still go in to try the beers from time to time. I will not be eating the food. Really, $11 hamburgers, though... that's maybe a $2.50 increase in price for the same thing.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:13 AM  

is there anyother brew pubs there besides ottos? Go state!
Old 12-21-2010, 11:36 AM  

State College, PA
There is the recently opened brewery in the Gamble Mill Tavern in Bellefonte. I haven't been yet but definitely look forward to doing so. The Elk Creek Cafe & Aleworks is also only 20-25 minutes away.

http://www.gamblemill.com/
Elk Creek Cafe + Aleworks - Home
Old 12-28-2010, 06:28 PM  

Carbondale, PA
Anyone been in the new irish pub that went into where hooter's was? I went past there one football weekend and it looked cool, and there was an out door grill, which had some really good food.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:39 PM  

Kildare's is the place that is where hooters used to be. It's a decent place, but it to is expensive. Burgers are close to $15 except on Tuesdays when they are $5.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Bookmark this Page!