Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2010, 07:12 PM  

Harrisburg, PA
Obamabucks hard at work. They've been repaving a 5 mile section of route 274 in Perry County that ABSOLUTELY did not need repaved! The daily traffic jam they needlessly create daily is enough to drive a sane person mad!

Old 10-22-2010, 08:45 PM  

Jeannette, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelSix View Post
Rte 22 between Blairsville and Delmont - wow, three years now - and it still ain't done.

lol, shoot....22's been under construction since I started driving probably. I honestly can't remember ever driving on it without seeing construction barrels.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:46 PM  

mt Joy, PA
Its probbly the construtions workers
Old 10-30-2010, 08:49 PM  

Mechanicsburg, Pa
What is up with the very long construction projects this year?

Because PA. only has 2 seasons; Construction and Winter.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:53 PM  

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Old 11-03-2010, 01:51 PM  

State College, PA
construction in PA sucks!
Old 11-16-2010, 07:34 AM  

Blue Bell, PA
they have 2 roads closed near me for almost a year now. its been a traffic nightmare. i usually take 15 minutes to and from work. now its 45-an hour each way
Old 11-17-2010, 08:11 PM  

Punxsutawney PA, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockG View Post
Obamabucks hard at work. They've been repaving a 5 mile section of route 274 in Perry County that ABSOLUTELY did not need repaved! The daily traffic jam they needlessly create daily is enough to drive a sane person mad!
This is what I was getting at with my original post, I know there is always construction in PA somewhere - that has been the case for decades....

I guess I was asking, does it seem that more this year than ever, there is a lot more redundant work being done (as mentioned above), more "repair" work to stuff that was already repaired in the last couple of years, & where it seems like they are milking out the job to take a lot longer than it would normally take.

It seems that way to me. It seems like they are just doing a lot of things for an excuse to spend that "stimulus" money - and the taxpayer is getting the shaft for it.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:43 PM  

Reading, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarFire70 View Post
What is up with the very long construction projects this year?

Now that's just funny. PA takes FOREVER to do any road work. Not to mention that it seems they rent the asphalt stripper for a week in the early spring and tear up all the projects they will have for the summer. They then get around to repave each one when they can.
QFT.

PennDot needs to learn that you can't cone off an enormous section of road and then finish the job at your leisure from there on. I'm sure they won't, though; seems like PA roads are always under construction, and I don't see that trend changing anytime soon.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:21 PM  

Moved from NJ a little over a year ago, and I'm floored by how long it take for construction projects to wrap up in PA. Rt 33 between 78 and Stroudsburg is a classic example.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.