Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2011, 06:53 PM  

Harrisburg, PA
Not Centralia... Although that's one of my favorite areas to run through.

Last trip out we went through some of the various back trails and what not... Ended up over above Mount Carmel... Won't do that one again.

Got out on the closed section of 61 for a bit... Seems they keep moving things around so that people stop parking at the ends of this closed section of road...

I've heard of the Anthracite Reading thing though as well. I hitup Rausch when I want my fix.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:19 AM  

Yeah, Paragon has gone the way of the Do-Do

Rausch Creek is nice, but only worth it if you are going to make it a few times per season and have some friends to go with you (which aren't hard to find if you search this forum)

The Jersey Pine Barrens (Wharton State Forest) is a good place to go for free. Just stick to the trails as the environment is quite delicate there. In other words, tread lightly.

There aren't a lot of obstacles, just a lot of sand. There are, however, mud holes that could easily swallow a jeep whole. I've seen it

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania
Bookmark this Page!