Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Pets / Animals
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2011, 12:03 AM  
Traveler

Billy, our English Springer, has cancer.

This has been ongoing for weeks now. Billy one of our English Springer "kids" has a very rare, as in first ever seen form of skin cancer, likely caused from a skin allergy he's always had. We've been going to WSU for tests and taking skin samples, while they attempted to figure out exactly what form of cancer it was. After consulting with numerous campuses across the nation, in addition to human dermatologists and and his cancer, in the form of several very small spots, is the subject of new articles being written in their medical journals. After 2 dozen skin samples taken, the medical team of Washington state university have devised a 2 part chemotherapy for Billy, and he has just entered his second phase in the treatment. Thus far, Billys liver seems to be holding up, and me, my wife and everyone who knows Billy, who happens to be one of the sweetest boys you could ever know, are kind of on the edge of our seats. I had been reluctant to say a word about it to anyone outside the family and of course our medical team at Pend Orreille veterinary service in Pend Orreille, but had informed our many friends over at our sister forum, and have gained a great deal of support from these great folks over there. Since it's still way too early to tell, but looks to be at least holding the advance of the cancer at bay, I figured I'd share our ordeal with our friends here at cityprofile as well. The treatment will go on for many weeks, and possibly the rest of his life, but I will be sure to include updates as we move through this.
Billy, our English Springer, has cancer.-100_0363.jpg 

Billy, our English Springer, has cancer.-100_0808.jpg 

Billy, our English Springer, has cancer.-100_0805.jpg 

Billy, our English Springer, has cancer.-100_0806.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Pets / Animals
Bookmark this Page!