Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Pets / Animals
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2011, 03:22 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I'm fond of ferals

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
I'm fond of ferals-shiva-proofing.jpg 

I'm fond of ferals-princess-pea.jpg 

I'm fond of ferals-tightropesm.jpg 

I'm fond of ferals-wtf-first.jpg 

I'm fond of ferals-guardian75.jpg 

Old 06-28-2011, 05:26 PM  

Nice cat, I like ferals also. We had a Maine Coon Cat (feral) for 14 years and miss her. Currently we have a feral Russian Blue that just drops in for dinner and a visit. Unlike the Maine Coon he is just now calm enough to jump into my lap, but a sudden move can get me slapped. His name is Tomas.

I was in Abbis Ababa, Ethiopia several years ago and spotted an Abyssinian on a lower roof of the hotel. I commented to a nurse in our group that the alley cats in Ethiopia ere Abyssinians. She said, "don't tell me that, I just lost a $500 Abssynian."
I'm fond of ferals-100_0825.jpg 

Old 06-28-2011, 05:47 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
We had a Maine Coon Cat (feral) for 14 years and miss her.
Wish you were closer, I'd ship Bob to you. He's an incredibly gentle loving cat except with other males. He doesn't cat fight them, he tries to kill them and almost took out my larger black male.

I researched the breed and there is suspicion the Maine Coon has interbred with wild cats like a cougar.
I'm fond of ferals-p1010328.jpg 

Old 06-28-2011, 05:48 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I'm not sure what constitutes a feral cat, but this one like to leave dead things in the garden for my wife to stumble across when she's weeding
His name is Smiley.
I'm fond of ferals-dsc01865.jpg 

Old 06-29-2011, 12:22 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
feral just means wild. tell your wife smiley seems to like her cuz he brings her gifts. Shrews love gardens and Smiley probably has the garden staked out for their visits.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:42 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
I think "LILO", a male kitten partially grown, was probably from a "feral mother" as my granddaughter rescued it from behind an AC unit at her friends appartment building...

Here it is in action from a video I recently uploaded to YouTube.com...you can see he isn't afraid of anything.....and, he'll "whack" you, too!..although tame now....used to give the dogs a fit and will still "attack" them when he has a chance.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LILO ATTACKING A SQUIRREL THAT IS EATING BIRD SEED

I'm fond of ferals-img_1376-copy.jpg 

Old 01-16-2012, 12:14 PM  

danville, kentucky
we have a huge feral cat problem around our place. normally 3 of us setup on the back deck with .223 bolt rifles and pick them off at ranges from 50 yards out to 400 yards. our crazy nieghbor down the road was bringing in cats 5 and 6 at a time. she didn't care for them and let them run free and breed like mad.

we live out in the country and have 20 laying hens that free range in our yard. her cats have attacked chickens, killed almost all the tree rats and wiped out the rabbits. after talking to the other nieghbores down the road they were having the same problem with her cats.

they mouse in my field behind the house so we have been just picking them off. we have busted every one of them and are down to just three left. rabbits and tree rats are starting to come back finally.

the best part is the bank took her home and she had to move so when we get the final three we'll be finished. we have talked to animal control and told them about the problem. they said we could live trap them or simply shoot them. the choice was ours. we have managed to kill about 25 of the 28 cats that we know of, and we are glad she is gone so we won't have this problem anymore.

we love feral cats as well. they are great target practice.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:37 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
question for nobody

Is it just the feral cats you hate, or is it any cat?
Old 11-02-2012, 04:52 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
we have a huge feral cat problem around our place. normally 3 of us setup on the back deck with .223 bolt rifles and pick them off at ranges from 50 yards out to 400 yards. our crazy nieghbor down the road was bringing in cats 5 and 6 at a time. she didn't care for them and let them run free and breed like mad.

we live out in the country and have 20 laying hens that free range in our yard. her cats have attacked chickens, killed almost all the tree rats and wiped out the rabbits. after talking to the other nieghbores down the road they were having the same problem with her cats.

they mouse in my field behind the house so we have been just picking them off. we have busted every one of them and are down to just three left. rabbits and tree rats are starting to come back finally.

the best part is the bank took her home and she had to move so when we get the final three we'll be finished. we have talked to animal control and told them about the problem. they said we could live trap them or simply shoot them. the choice was ours. we have managed to kill about 25 of the 28 cats that we know of, and we are glad she is gone so we won't have this problem anymore.

we love feral cats as well. they are great target practice.
Wow that's harsh... But, I don't like cats either really. I don't shoot them though. My mom had a couple of siamese cats when I was growing up that were the best. So gentle and just sat around really. I think they both lived to be about 19 yrs old or so. My sister has a couple of cats and has always been a cat person. I don't like her cats. They are the kind that will come sit in your lap and whether you pet them or try to get them to go away they start digging in their claws and hissing. Annoying.
Probably doesn't help that one of her cats scratched a NEW paintjob on my '68 Camaro I had 15 years ago.... Oh man, that ticked me off...

I had dogs growing up. I liked them.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
Feral cats should be shot on sight. No if's and's or but's about it.

They are extremely hard of the environment. You can try the hippy PETA way of catch and release spay and neuter crap but it doesn't work. Killing them is the only way. I have quite a few feral cat notches in my gun belt. I use to use a 220 Swift with 55gr Nosler BT man that sure made a mess of a cat.

This is coming from a cat lover who has 4 cats right now.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Pets / Animals
Bookmark this Page!