Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Pets / Animals
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-02-2011, 08:50 AM  

Pet Insurance

Hello,
I have a English bulldog a got from a rescue 3 years back. She is having some problems with her rear side. I was wondering if anyone know what most pet insurances cover? They say the procedure is going to cost 1,400. But it is something she has lived with for awhile now tho I know I need to get it treated so its done and gone (hopefully never to come back). Any input on pet insurance would be great. Thanks

Old 03-02-2011, 12:59 PM  

pet health insurance is just like the insurance for humans, with different plans and different coverages, but if your dog has a pre-existing condition, it might be tough to take out a policy that will cover it....

Old 03-02-2011, 07:07 PM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
Pet insurance is great. I am not sure who you are looking at it through. We have it for our working dog (probably will get it for my baby too) through our vet. He does a thing where you pay so much and it covers everything for the year. It is nice because then if something happens you don't have to think about the enormous bills that will happen. It is more or less piece of mind and help on your wallet sometimes.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:11 AM  

Dallas, TX
I bought an ins thru our vet that covers most issues. The guy who signed us up was most helpful too. David, dmartin at petfirst dot com, seemed more of a doggie friend/banker than a sales person. I highly recommend him/them. I have more than one furbaby and he went out of his way to get me a family plan most reasonable to accomodate us.

UPDATE: although they were nice to join and cheap to have, they refused to pay out by saying everything that came up was a pre-existing condition, even if it could not possibly be... I cancelled all my policies and even David called me to apologize. They've sent me numerous emails beggin me to come back but WHY? just to support them for no reason? I don't think so ... when I told my Vet about this, they said others had encountered the same issues lately. Maybe they were good once upon a time but not now.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Pets / Animals
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.