Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2010, 02:35 PM  

Ambler, PA
I always liked Jim's on South Street, Pudge's, and Larry's near St. Joe's.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:59 AM  

philadelphia, pa
I like Chubby's in Roxborough b/c it's close and open on Sundays. But, my favorite is a food cart at 7th and Spingarden sts. The guys name is Ted and he's a bit like Andrew Dice Clay when he's making your steak.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:00 PM  

Philadelphia, PA
Rodin Museum is a must see for art fans.
Dante and Luigi's restaurant if you are feeling spendy.
Eastern State Penitentiary is an amazing ruin for history fans.
But if you like beer, this is the place to be. Just some of the many excellent beer bars:
Monk's
Devil's Den
Brigid's
St. Stephens Green
Jose Pistola's
Eulogy
Johnny Brenda's
The Sidecar Bar

There are tons more. And if you are planning a visit, you can do it during beer week Philly Beer Week 2011 * June 3 - 12

Sure, get a cheese steak. Better yet go to Isgro's bakery or Termini Brothers and get a cannoli, but don't forget to stop by some of the amazing bars. You will find local and craft brews in some of the least expected watering holes.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:14 PM  

Philly Burbs, PA
If you are out in the Burbs, I suggest Berwyn Pizza cheese steaks. I grew up on these and still love them after being away for a while. I know it is off the beaten path but good none the less.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:27 AM  

I've always heard Jim's is excellent. I will have to put that on my bucket list when I drive down. Does anyone know by chance whether they use chopped or shredded beef? My buddy is a foodie and was asking and I have no clue.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:21 AM  

West Chester, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSettlex View Post
I've always heard Jim's is excellent. I will have to put that on my bucket list when I drive down. Does anyone know by chance whether they use chopped or shredded beef? My buddy is a foodie and was asking and I have no clue.
Chopped. And Jim's is the best...they also have shops in NE Philly and in Springfield, Delaware County.

Steve's (sliced beef) in NE Philly is good, but I prefer chopped....Jim's is the deal deal.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:40 AM  

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Jim's is my favorite. Tony Luke's is very good. Pats and Genos are for tourists who don't really know any better.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:13 AM  

Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by rflail View Post
If you're out in the suburbs there's a place Hatboro called Silvios that's amazing.
Silvio's is great. The bread is to die for.

However, in the city........George's (2nd & Girard)!! A Cheesesteak Hoagie with mayo and pickles....ah, heaven!

Also the new 'Wit or Witout'.....i tried it a few times with mixed emotions. Has anybody else tried it?
Old 12-22-2010, 07:29 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
I'm a Tony Luke's guy. But you should also check out the roast pork sandwich.... It makes me explode in my pants! So GOOD.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:32 AM  

Philly, PA
Out here in the 'burbs, Pudge's is pretty good.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bookmark this Page!