Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-24-2010, 07:32 AM  

philadelphia, PA
Steve's is great

Old 12-24-2010, 11:11 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
If your looking for a great chicken cheese steak check out Little Johns by the Franklin Institute. Haven't had one in a while since I moved from that area but I think I'm going to have to make a trip to get one.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:17 AM  

Harrisburg PA
Can't believe no one has mentioned Mama's on Belmont Avenue in Bala. They are the best! They melt their pizza cheese with the steak after it's cooked so it's a big oozing mass of deliciousness. I've been eating them for 30 years and even though I live 2 hours away I still make the trek at least once or twice a year. Try one, you'll never go back to any other cheesesteak.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:10 PM  

Slatington, Pennsylvania
I've always liked Jim's Steaks, and Gino's as well. I really haven't been too many other places in Philly, grew up in Doylestown so i can't say I know too many places.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:06 PM  

Philadelphia, PA
Personally, I like Lee's Hoagie House...they are a chain with LOTS of locations in the Philly area and produce a nice cheesesteak...no wiz! I like mine with "sauce" (kind of a tomato sauce somewhere in between pizza sauce, chunky spaghetti sauce, and ketchup) and fried onions.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:26 PM  

Spring City, PA
Jim's on South St.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:02 PM  

Phialdelphia
I like Leo's in Folcroft! Enormous sandwiches with lots of meat, and no whiz. They don't make fries or anything other than hoagies and steaks, so you know they got that right.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:37 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
+1000 for Jim's!!!! It's worth the wait
Old 12-29-2010, 12:01 PM  

Philadelphia, PA
Cheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSD View Post
Can't believe no one has mentioned Mama's on Belmont Avenue in Bala. They are the best! They melt their pizza cheese with the steak after it's cooked so it's a big oozing mass of deliciousness. I've been eating them for 30 years and even though I live 2 hours away I still make the trek at least once or twice a year. Try one, you'll never go back to any other cheesesteak.

Mama's is an Experience but not the best. It is too greasy and slimy and just a big Heart attack on a Bun!

My favorite local steak is Pudges in Blue Bell or Trooper. Good meaty but not too nasty.

John's Roast Pork won some awards for their Cheesesteaks from 610 WIP a couple years ago. Theirs are good but the hours make it almost impossible to get to.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:24 AM  

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Jims on south st and Pats

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads