Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2011, 11:26 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
Where to refill CO2 tanks?

Does anyone know of any good places to refill CO2 tanks (for a kegerator) in South Philly? I know some places will swap tanks, but I have a new tank and would rather get it refilled. I've checked at my local beer distributor but apparently they don't refill.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:28 AM  

Philly, PA
Unfortunately, refills are getting harder and harder to come by. I had a nice aluminum tank that got swapped for a steel one. Wish I could help, for both our sakes.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:26 PM  

Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, I had heard Bella Vista could refill them but must be old info as I called them and they only swap.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:06 PM  

Silverdale, WA
Check fire extinguisher service shops. Used mine locally all of the time and it was cheaper than a swap.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:31 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbrew View Post
Check fire extinguisher service shops. Used mine locally all of the time and it was cheaper than a swap.
X2, here in Denver a Fire Ext. place charges $12 for a 20# tank.
Maybe you cal give the place here in Denver a call, they might know a place close to you, heres the link:
Red Comet - CO2 & Fire Protection in Colorado
Old 01-10-2011, 07:42 PM  

Philadelphia, PA
Sounds like a good idea, I'll have to call around. Thanks!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:59 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
For anyone interested, I just called South Philly Propane & Welding Supplies today, located at 2438 Federal Street, and they do refill tanks for very reasonable prices.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:31 PM  
Its a Jeep thing

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Try a sporting goods store, I've always had paintball tanks filled there, wonder if you could get a deal somehow for them to fill it.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:43 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
For me, I think I'm gonna stick with South Philly Propane, mostly because they're closer than anything else I've mapped plus it was $8 to refill my 5lb, he quoted up to $17 for a 20lb swap (since they don't refill 20lb) if you have one already, $125 for new, which seems fairly reasonable if I ever decide to go up that high. That's the cheapest I've seen around for any scenario, refill or swap, so it seems like a win all around to me. Plus they have good saturday hours and such, all around I couldn't be happier. Just wish I would've looked for them sooner! Thanks for all of the help and ideas!
Old 01-19-2011, 01:57 PM  

Silverdale, WA
Those are really decent prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstbrewing View Post
For me, I think I'm gonna stick with South Philly Pr
opane, mostly because they're closer than anything else I've mapped plus it was $8 to refill my 5lb, he quoted up to $17 for a 20lb swap (since they don't refill 20lb) if you have one already, $125 for new, which seems fairly reasonable if I ever decide to go up that high. That's the cheapest I've seen around for any scenario, refill or swap, so it seems like a win all around to me. Plus they have good saturday hours and such, all around I couldn't be happier. Just wish I would've looked for them sooner! Thanks for all of the help and ideas!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bookmark this Page!